How to convert business from seminars?

I never trusted a mailing house that would not reveal the particulars of the list.

Consider ordering your own list and supplying to the mailing house. The more steps you control in the process the better it is for you.

If they are providing the list you have no idea how fresh the list is, the selection criteria, how often that list is mailed and resold to other brokers, etc.

Who are you using to handle the list & mailing?

Using Leading Response. Everyone suggested them, it wasn’t even a comparison. They do get the seats filled thats for sure.

Not sure who else to use honestly.

Everyone suggested them, it wasn’t even a comparison. They do get the seats filled thats for sure.

There are several folks on the forum that regularly host seminars . . . some of them might even share who they use as long as you are not fishing in the same pond.
most of these people are turning 65 within the next 9 months, so there’s no point in setting up an appointment for 6 months away.

You don't need to set up an appointment 9 months away, especially if it is F2F, but you definitely need to have a drip marketing program . . . use a soft sell approach.

If the information you offer is perceived to have value, they will follow and start giving off buying signals.

Some agent think you need to be the first one in the door and push to "lock them up" months in advance. Those kind of prospects are not long term clients.

It's not unusual for some folks to come back to me 6 -12 months after the initial contact.

Soft sell work if you let it happen naturally.

People seem really receptive and come up to us and tell us how they need our help, etc. However when that time comes 6 whatever months later, many people do not respond at all after calling and leaving voicemails

Your drip marketing campaign must have a purpose, and that purpose is to allow your prospect to get to know and trust you.

This image didn't load for this book. One Page Drip Marketing Plan is a great book for anyone who wants to learn about drip marketing. $16 on Amazon
Amazon product ASIN 1989025013

Last edited:
Using Leading Response. Everyone suggested them, it wasn’t even a comparison. They do get the seats filled thats for sure.

Leading Response is who I use as well. Call your rep and tell him/her that you need them to send you the home addresses of all RSVPs.

There are several folks on the forum that regularly host seminars . . . some of them might even share who they use as long as you are not fishing in the same pond.

You don't need to set up an appointment 9 months away, especially if it is F2F, but you definitely need to have a drip marketing program . . . use a soft sell approach.

If the information you offer is perceived to have value, they will follow and start giving off buying signals.

Some agent think you need to be the first one in the door and push to "lock them up" months in advance. Those kind of prospects are not long term clients.

It's not unusual for some folks to come back to me 6 -12 months after the initial contact.

Soft sell work if you let it happen naturally.

Your drip marketing campaign must have a purpose, and that purpose is to allow your prospect to get to know and trust you.

This image didn't load for this book. One Page Drip Marketing Plan is a great book for anyone who wants to learn about drip marketing. $16 on Amazon
Amazon product ASIN 1989025013

Thanks a lot for the advice and info. We are looking into a DRIP marketing plan at least to supplement some of the other things.

We are hopeful people do end up reaching out Like you said people do with you, later down the road.

With DRIP plan, do you think it would be giving too much information out To have medicare specific emails sent throughout the year? I was always told to not give people too much information, or they’ll just end up doing it themselves, or they’ll get over-burdened with information and not do anything. Not sure what your thoughts are on that?

Leading Response is who I use as well. Call your rep and tell him/her that you need them to send you the home addresses of all RSVPs.

Im looking to change my rep, its not been a smooth process.

What do you typically send people in the mail, other than thank you cards?

With DRIP plan, do you think it would be giving too much information out To have medicare specific emails sent throughout the year? I was always told to not give people too much information, or they’ll just end up doing it themselves, or they’ll get over-burdened with information and not do anything. Not sure what your thoughts are on that?

I have used drip marketing successfully for years. So far, none have complained about getting USEFUL health care and Medicare information on a regular basis.

What they do object to is having me, or anyone else, pestering them on a regular basis to buy something they don't want, don't need and can't afford.

My newsletters are informative and peppered with humor.

Often they are shared with friends who contact me for advice. Many will become clients.

My very first contact with an individual is when they call or email me to ask a question. I provide the answers and a little more information about things they never considered.

I always gather their name (including proper spelling), DOB, spouse name (if they have one) and the spouses age. I enter the email, home zip and county into my contact file and have my assistant send copies of the last 2 newsletters and make sure they are on the list to receive future newsletters.

My practice is to never follow up to ask if they are ready to buy. When they are ready they will come back and I never have to chase them down.

This laissez faire approach results in a closing and retention rate in the high 90's.

YMMV

You don't want to give plan specifics (especially in MAPD) in a random email... That could get you into trouble.

I find that even the people who go and look up their drugs themselves still call me to complete the application.

I wouldn't set up like a legit full-on appointment. Just an information gathering plan...

Do they plan to retire at 65?
Are they on their employer plan? Is their spouse or vice versa?

The first call is to get them comfortable with you, find out enough about their situation and see if you need to keep in touch with them (besides an ongoing drip) in the future.

I have used drip marketing successfully for years. So far, none have complained about getting USEFUL health care and Medicare information on a regular basis.

What they do object to is having me, or anyone else, pestering them on a regular basis to buy something they don't want, don't need and can't afford.

My newsletters are informative and peppered with humor.

Often they are shared with friends who contact me for advice. Many will become clients.

My very first contact with an individual is when they call or email me to ask a question. I provide the answers and a little more information about things they never considered.

I always gather their name (including proper spelling), DOB, spouse name (if they have one) and the spouses age. I enter the email, home zip and county into my contact file and have my assistant send copies of the last 2 newsletters and make sure they are on the list to receive future newsletters.

My practice is to never follow up to ask if they are ready to buy. When they are ready they will come back and I never have to chase them down.

Thanks for the help, you’ve given some great ideas that I want to explore. The part About never following up with them is foreign to me…it goes against everything ice ever known with sales. I feel like im wasting my time if I don’t follow up/contact them. I guess im just worried that these people will find one piece of mail or one agent that DOES pester them, and to relieve that pain they’ll use this other person/company and not me.

Do you use something like Mailchimp or Constant Contact for your newsletter? How often do you sent them out?

You don't want to give plan specifics (especially in MAPD) in a random email... That could get you into trouble.

I find that even the people who go and look up their drugs themselves still call me to complete the application.

I wouldn't set up like a legit full-on appointment. Just an information gathering plan...

Do they plan to retire at 65?
Are they on their employer plan? Is their spouse or vice versa?

The first call is to get them comfortable with you, find out enough about their situation and see if you need to keep in touch with them (besides an ongoing drip) in the future.

Good point on the info-gathering call. Im wondering if its a good idea (at the end of a seminar) if we should tell them that if they fill out the PTC form, we will call shortly after for a quick check up so we can have an idea on what their medicare plans are And what the timeline looks for them. Maybe setting an expectation that we will call them soon after (not to sell something) might help us actually get people to answer and return a phone call.

Back