Jaci

I want to find FMOs/IMOs in my area to sell Medicare supplements/Advantage plans, life insurance, annuities, critical benefit plans, short term care, long term care plans in PA/OH/NY area and I do not know how to find FMOs/IMOs in my area so I can research and look over my options to see if that's something I want to do.
I'm a captive agent right now selling the above, but want to review my options at this point.
Thanks.

I guess I don’t as long as I can write the companies in the states I need to write in.
More importantly, how do I find the FMOs/IMOs?

Well, I’d want to write all the major MA companies in my states: Humana, UHC, AETNA, Allwell, Highmark BCBS.

I don’t know how this works so please educate me.
That’s why I posted.
Thanks again.

Last edited:
You don’t need someone in your area . My advise is find a big Medicare shop that will do big co-op or free direct mail for you . If you’re doing 100 ma a yr you can get 15 k total mailers a yr free . There’s huge override money for imo’s in med advantage plus they get sick marketing $’s . They’ll bend over backwards for good producers

Listen you guys I’m a great producer but my present company that I’m a captive agent for keeps screwing with my money. For MAs, we write Humana, UHC and Aetna and I just found out for all of 2019 and so far 2020 my company hasn’t paid me for any of my Aetna enrollments or renewals so I’m pretty upset. I also found out that our commissions are extremely low so I’m thinking about switching to an FMO/IMO.
How do I find them? I know they don’t have to be local, but is there a list I can find so I can research?

Last edited:
Listen you guys I’m a great producer but my present company that I’m a captive agent for keeps screwing with my money. For MAs, we write Humana, UHC and Aetna and I just found out for all of 2019 and so far 2020 my company hasn’t paid me for any of my Aetna enrollments or renewals so I’m pretty upset. I also found out that our commissions are extremely low so I’m thinking about switching to an FMO/IMO.
How do I find them? I know they don’t have to be local, but is there a list I can find so I can research?
Try Ritter. They are in PA.. Ritter Insurance Marketing (ritterim.com)

Jaci, Do you mind sharing the name of the company you are a captive of?

I am new to the insurance business and am also looking for good FMOs to work with in California. Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Back