How to handle sensitive info via telesales call

Winoblues, lol yep.

Not really cut and dry or this way or that way. Experience and gut.

I month ago I drove 3 hours, hotels for a few days (partying) did the 78 yr old FE, the wife was being difficult and I was getting annoyed so I got basic info for a GUL where Protective calls and does the app and PHI.
She refused to do the call. I called her and laid it out. If I drive out I get everything, no questions or I walk from both. I explained why the person referred me. Would I walk from <$500.mp? You FN A tweety. The referral was more valuable.

I fully understand writing everyone and anyone. Been there. For a long time. Cash flo Cash flo Cash flo. But don't let people eat your time.

Hey all!

As the handle suggests, I'm a newbie. That said I have one simple question, the answer to which could help in deciding who to sign up with as there are a plethora of choices.

Let's say I call Ms. Betty about FE ins and we're at the point in the conversation where now I need her banking info, but it's a telesale and she's understandably nervous about giving it out. Any suggestions on how to handle this delicate matter?

Thanks in advance!

This is a situation that does come up from time to time in FE tele-sales even for experienced pros. I noticed that none of the big name tele-sales gurus up here have offered any advice on how their agents handle this objection. Because that's all it is....an objection. Lots of people up here telling you why you got this objection, but no one has shared any info on how to overcome this objection.

Before I share with everyone how to overcome this objection, let's look at a few ways to eliminate this objection from coming up in the first place. You must be poised, confident, friendly, empathetic, and very smooth, etc., etc, and etc.

You never say "the next thing I need is your bank account #". That will easily having Ms. Jones say something like "maybe I need to think about this first", or "I think I need to check with my children first".

Our FE tele-sales script shows you what to say 3 min before you're getting any bank info, so you can get that info smoothly and painlessly.

Anyway, if you do everything the correct way, and Ms. Jones doesn't want to give any bank info over the phone, you simply say "I understand Ms. Betty. Why don't you do what everyone else does? (be quiet and let her respond something along the lines of "what's that"?). When you say "just do like everyone else does" her subconscious is thinking, unbeknownst to her, that it must be ok because everyone else is doing it. Try this with any other type of hesitations Ms. Jones may give you in any of your other presentations.

Anyway next you say Ms. Betty, just mail your check to our Raleigh, NC office. Go grab a pen and paper so I can give you the address. (You don't ask her to do this, gently tell her to do this, after all you want to be in control).

When she gets back with the pen and paper I tell her to make her check out for $68.94 payable to Sr. Life Ins.Co. I then give her my home address to write on the envelope as "the Raleigh, NC office". I even tell her to put "attention Greg" on the envelope so it will come to my desk. I then tell her that I will personally call her back when her check arrives safely in the mail.

When I get the check in the mail, I fill in the routing # and account # on the e-app, then I call her and finish the enrollment process. When I'm doing the recording at the very end, I read her routing and account # out loud when prompted, and they never start objecting, not even one time.

That my friends is a proven way to overcome the objection of giving any banking info over the phone to you.

I've been doing FE tele-sales since 2005, over a decade before anyone else up here. I say this because if you want to learn how to give a world class FE tele-sales presentation with world class training you should call me. This opportunity is only for full-timers writing all of their business thru Sr Life Ins. Co.

Anyone that is getting objections during the "close" did something wrong in the presentation. They failed to connect with their prospect and gain their trust.

Interviews that are done correctly don't have objections and your prospect will let you know they are ready to buy.

FWIW, in 45+ years I have never "closed" anyone but I have shown them how they could buy what they want and need with my help.

Anyone that is getting objections during the "close" did something wrong in the presentation. They failed to connect with their prospect and gain their trust.

Interviews that are done correctly don't have objections and your prospect will let you know they are ready to buy.

FWIW, in 45+ years I have never "closed" anyone but I have shown them how they could buy what they want and need with my help.

That may be true in the Medicare market but is completely false in the FE market...tele-sales or field sales. Of course if you prequalify by phone strong enough before you do the presentation then you could be doing presentations only for laydowns I suppose.

If you do presentations only for laydowns, you'll miss some sales that were available by prospects who only needed a presentation and conversation to make a decision to buy.

In your 1st sentence of post #7 above you say you don't have any experience working the FE market and I guess that's why your answer is off base with the FE market. Not trying to argue here, just stating the facts.

That may be true in the Medicare market but is completely false in the FE market...tele-sales or field sales. Of course if you prequalify by phone strong enough before you do the presentation then you could be doing presentations only for laydowns I suppose.

If you do presentations only for laydowns, you'll miss some sales that were available by prospects who only needed a presentation and conversation to make a decision to buy.

In your 1st sentence of post #7 above you say you don't have any experience working the FE market and I guess that's why your answer is off base with the FE market. Not trying to argue here, just stating the facts.

My CURRENT market is Medicare only, phone sales, no F2F

Don't assume (incorrectly) that is all that I have ever done. Plenty of F2F sit downs before A G Bell invented the telephone.

I have read your posts, and viewed your video offering 150% FYC to everyone.

Whatever floats your boat.

I have run non-qualified leads, address only, no phone (they know you are coming, just ring the bell). Pre-qualified leads (by me, not some flunky with a sweet voice but air in her head). And even cold call door knocking (total waste of time).

Some folks, probably you, believe the only way to sell FE is F2F, beat them up and drag them across the finish line, hold a gun to their head to get them to sign the app and give you a check.

Yet, there are successful people on this forum, 100% phone sales, for Medicare, real life insurance, FE, disability, annuity, LTC and probably a few more. Wonder how that could be?

Do I miss a few sales with my approach?

Yes, I do.

Do I care?

Not in the least.

Have a nice day.

My CURRENT market is Medicare only, phone sales, no F2F

Don't assume (incorrectly) that is all that I have ever done. Plenty of F2F sit downs before A G Bell invented the telephone.

I have read your posts, and viewed your video offering 150% FYC to everyone.

Whatever floats your boat.

I have run non-qualified leads, address only, no phone (they know you are coming, just ring the bell). Pre-qualified leads (by me, not some flunky with a sweet voice but air in her head). And even cold call door knocking (total waste of time).

Some folks, probably you, believe the only way to sell FE is F2F, beat them up and drag them across the finish line, hold a gun to their head to get them to sign the app and give you a check.

Yet, there are successful people on this forum, 100% phone sales, for Medicare, real life insurance, FE, disability, annuity, LTC and probably a few more. Wonder how that could be?

Do I miss a few sales with my approach?

Yes, I do.

Do I care?

Not in the least.

Have a nice day.

We're talking about FE tele-sales, nothing else. You yourself said in your 1st sentence of post #7 above that you don't work the FE market (maybe you did earlier in your life?).

How much experience do you have with FE tele-sales? I started in 2005. And you?

Why are you so angry today?

Last edited:
"So in order to quote you right , how would you pay for it each month. Most people like to do a check by phone and have it come out automatically each month. Is that what you want to do?" I would just suggest bringing it up early in the conversation long before you really need the info so it shouldn't surprise them any when get to that point later on.

Back