How To Pass the Life, Accident and Health Insurance Exam ?

Discussion in 'Insurance Pre-Licensing Forum' started by mjlerario, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Wprice

Wprice Well-Known Member

State:

I completely disagree that the basics of P&C and Life are similiar. Life requires Much MUCH more showmanship. Here's my favorite trick with life. I bring in a loaf of bread, a pair of baby shoes and a picture of a house. after getting to know the people for about 5 mins, I set up the three items on the table and say the following:

"Mr Prospect, you work to put food on the table, a roof over your head and shoes on your families feet. What would they do if you're gone?"

The look is amazing....

Along with P&C I've dealt with the most boring agents and bought from them because I had to. Not wanted to.

2. salpro22

salpro22 Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    1) Can I keep the bread and is it fresh. I only eat light-bread or multi-grain.
    2) What type of shoes. I only wear Cole Haan and Moreschi.....
    3) Picture better be in color and framed....

I like your method....

3. Tar Rat

Tar Rat Member

State:

It seems to me that the real trick to making it work in the insurance biz is not actually knowing everything, but knowing more than your client-- or making them think you know more. That's basically what sales are all about, regardless of what product your selling. I think you can apply the same principal to taking the test... i.e. don't second guess yourself. You'd be surprised how much you really retain from study when you don't stress yourself out. Stay calm and go with your gut, that's what I do and look how cool I am. ;)

4. arnguy

arnguy Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Wprice, do you leave the loaf of bread with the prospect/client? What type of bread do you take to the house?:cool:

5. arnguy

arnguy Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    mjlerario, the best advice I can give is "study, study, study." Let us know how you make out.

6. Frank Stastny

Frank Stastny Well-Known Member

State:
    Florida
    I'm not sure I would agree with you. It's really not hard to know more than the prospect. Maybe if all you are trying to do is sell an insurance policy that may be true.

However, if you are really going to help them make a well informed, intelligent decision about getting the policy that is the best investment of their premium dollar, I think you need to know everything there is about what you are selling. Also what your competition is selling.

If you truly help someone get the very best policy they will not only thank you and keep it, they will tell everyone they know about "their insurance agent".

7. Mattw

Mattw Member

State:

Pay for practice exams. The company giving you the exam probably offers practice exams for a fee. Buy lots of the those exams.

Try www.Promissor.Com. They do the exam testing in Washington state and provide practice exams for a fee.

I just passed my (Life/Disab) exams and the questions can be tricky.

8. ROGCHAP57

ROGCHAP57 Active Member

State:

if your company is paying check out Compu Cram for Life And Health, it's about $80 but the way it helps you review is well worth it, just my 2 cents.
    Good luck on the test.

9. WBunch

WBunch Well-Known Member

State:

For what its worth, STUDY, STUDY, AND STUDY. I passed every one of my license exams (Life, Health, & Accident, Series 6, 63, 65, and 7) all on the first pop. Why? Because I studied my butt off. I scored a 93 on my Life exam.

10. salpro22

salpro22 Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    Agreed. I want all of my clients to talk about me as being the health insurance expert/successful small business owner. Ideally, I hope to keep the majority of my clients for life because I LOVE the small business market.........and true entrepreneurs persevere whereas others give up and fall, but don't get back up. I really don't want a client who tells me they only plan in being in business a year or two.

You can be a great salesman and make some very nice money without an extensive knowledge of a product or the market, but where is the fun in that!