How To Pass the Life, Accident and Health Insurance Exam ?

Re: Passing the Life, Accident and Health Insurance Exam

I somewhat "mistyped"..easily is not really accurate. Studied 75+ hours and passed in the high 80s...Its reading comprehension and repetitive studying of subjects that you have difficulty understanding that works...

I would say you can do it in under 2,000 hours. LOL

Each person is going to be dramatically different. Some can do it in less than eight hours and pass with flying colors. Others spend days and fail the test several times.

If you easily passed the series 7 then this should be a piece of cake for you.

I somewhat "mistyped"..easily is not really accurate. Studied 75+ hours and passed in the high 80s...Its reading comprehension and repetitive studying of subjects that you have difficulty understanding that works...

I still don't think you will have very much trouble with it. Obviously you have good study habits. I'd be surprised if you have to spend as much time on the insurance test as you did that one.

Just remember, read each question several times before deciding on an answer.

Good luck and we all look forward to you joining us in the "wonderful world of insurance". Well, it can be that about 40% of the time. :D

Rugby,

I studied just shy of two weeks, but that was limited to evenings on the weekdays and pretty much one entire weekend. As I stated, I read the study guide for Missouri, after each chapter I would take the chapter exam. When I finished the study guide I did the comprehensive Life/Law only and Health/Law only. I took the results of both tests and went over my weak areas. Then I took the Life/Health/Law comprehensive. I probably took that test 20 times (at least it felt like it), they do have a test generator so you will get different questions. However, once you start taking the test over and over, you may get to the point that you felt like you memorized the exam. I also purchased the insurance definitions book and that helped quite a bit while studying. I think that if a person has solid 4-5 days to study they could pass the Missouri exam.

Frank,

Thank you for the kind words. May have to take you up on the offer.

I took the class room study option with AD Banker. using the book, CD, and the five, 8 hour classes, plus half day on Saturday for review, I was able to pass the exam the following Wednesday.

Now AD Banker did not give me any short cuts, there aren't any. They didn't "cram" the knowledge into me; cramming doesn't work in the long run.

What helped was the instructor with 30 years experience in the industry taking the "theory" of the text, and then applying it to real life.

I prefered the class study to the self study, for one thing the instructor was able to give us a very speecific idea of what questions to look out for on the exam. At the end of the week, my text book was covered in highlighted notes etc.

What made the thing even more valueable for me at least, was on the half day, Saturday we went through several hours of questions, as well as looking at how the questions on the exam would be framed.

I'm in California so I don't know about Nationwide, but given the low cost too me, Should I pursue any other other sort of licencing, AD Banker will have a repeat customer.

BTY, I've tried Kaplin, Banker is more "Reuben Friendly".

Make sure you take plenty of practice test. Don't look at the answers you would only be cheating yourself. It is better to fail horribly on a practice test than the real thing.

If you have no experiance in the industry try and picture yourself actually doing what is in the text it really helps if you can try and apply the information to what you will actuall be doing.

I am studying for this test in Florida (2-15).

Someone told me that only 36% of the people taking the test pass the first time. Someone else told me 60% pass the first time. I am searching this board reading all the test related threads for help.

I am studying for this test in Florida (2-15).

Someone told me that only 36% of the people taking the test pass the first time. Someone else told me 60% pass the first time. I am searching this board reading all the test related threads for help.

When you pass it, then as far as you're concerned, there is a 100% pass rate. Don't worry about other people.

Rick

Here's how I did it AND some in my group, repeated and passed first try . . .

Sign up with License2Go for precourse. Sit at a computer for as long as it takes - it took me 19 hours and get through all the modules. Don't try and retain everything at this point - just get the certificate.

Schedule your exam immediately - the sooner the better.

While awaiting your appointment - go back through precourse at a decent pace and study hard.

Morning of test - get up and allow 2 to 3 hours to review.

When taking test - read question twice - use common sense answer. Watch for tricks. Most of all - do well in the "State Laws" portion of the test (if any).

Good Luck!

Tom

I studied for about 2 weeks and passed easily. Bought the online course through ExamFX and read the book.

In Iowa you need 70% to pass and you must pass all 4 of the parts. I got 84%-92% on all 4 parts.

Best advice I can give is to not try and overthink yourself. Read the book, memorize it, and the test will be easy. Don't try learning more than what's in the book.

Take the post-chapter tests on ExamFX because those questions are very similar to what was on the test. Then spend the last couple of days taking the simulated exam. Those questions were almost identical to what was on the real exam.

When you go for your exam, get there about 30 minutes prior, sit out in your car and skim through your book and try and take in as much as you can just before you go inside the building. That really helped me. I bet there were at least a handful of questions I may have missed had I not done this.

I find it hard to believe only 36% pass on the first try. It really is pretty easy. Though maybe my experience as an underwriter helped me out more than I think. I'd guess the first try passing rate is over 50%, but I could be wrong.

Thank you for the replies and (((((Rick!))))) <<that's a hug!

I took the online class that is associated with the pm review (Florida Insurance Licensing Association). I read about the pm review in this forum somewhere. I think it is only for Florida though.

Tom, it was a tossup for me between license2go and the one I did. The online class that I took had a timer and the 40 hour course actually took me almost 50 hours. I didn't rush it and took my time on every chapter. (Really trying to learn the material.)

Dexter, I didn't know about examfx until your post. What state are you in? I've met three people in Florida who took it and only one of them passed it on the first try. He might have been lying though, he also told me he finished the 40 hour online course in ONE DAY!
:skeptical:

Latest posts

Back