HS'ing Clients Year to Year

Keep in mind, when you submit a new Sherpa app for 2016, you need to do something about their 2015 app (AKA cancel it 12/31/15 thru the broker login). In my experience, 99% of the time, submitting a new WBE app (Sherpa or otherwise) doesn't update the existing 2015 app. Otherwise the existing app will passively renew and cause headaches; especially when the 1095's get generated with multiple APTC's.....among other potential problems, such as double drafts.....

WHOA....

I thought we had received Regtap guidance that the WBE would "find and destroy" the 2015 app.

Anybody else? Did I dream that?

WHOA....

I thought we had received Regtap guidance that the WBE would "find and destroy" the 2015 app.

Anybody else? Did I dream that?

That's the problem with too many threads on the same subject. I believe NING posted in one of the HealthSherpa threads that 2016 replaces 2015, KGMom219.

I think we should have sub threads, of the main threads, so that my new threads don't get my hands slapped by the forum police.

I'm about to lose mine! When a Marketplace health plan is auto-Rewritten, which entity is doing it? The Marketplace, or the Health Insurance company?

The marketplace is doing it. There is a new Healthcare.gov application number created for 2016, the carriers have no way of generating that number themselves. Are you suggesting that the carriers are going through their own backdoor and submitting applications for people? That would be crazy for them to do it. The government, however, can do whatever they want

I think the way it works is this.

You had bcbs 2015 then they submit a new 2016 app on Oct 30 or whatever. That new remains in place until another new app comes down the line which kicks the other app out and so on until OEP ends.

I see no, or have I seen, any reason to worry about last years app. No need to delete anything or update anything we still have 2015 going on. Deleting an app for 2015 right now would be ill advised.

Last edited:
You'd have to delete the 2015 app in December!...after their NEW policy is confirmed.

You might just be going in there & deleting hundreds of them on Dec 15th, Houcoogster!

We have NO idea how this will play out right now.

FYI:
BC-Tx has already set many of them up in our Portal with a NEW 2016 policy. Who's to say they didn't send that info in to the gov???
OR....that they WON'T be sending it in ....at a later date???
They are joined at the hip.......ins co with gov.

It's the peons who are left in the dark!
(That's you & me, brother.)

This is just ONE of many reasons that I'm seriously considering going BACK to that molasses-dripping freak site for my enrollments this season!

Last edited:
Back