Humana Guidance Center

Oct 14, 2015

1. insuranceconceptscindy

insuranceconceptscindy Guru

State:
    Nevada
    I had to go to the guidance center today because I ran out of 2015 apps and couldn't wait for a shipment. It's been years since I've stepped in one. This place is crazy/weird! There are people just hanging out! Why in the world would anyone want to hang out at an "insurance store" in a strip mall? There were a group of ladies, chilling, drinking coffee and talking about their insurance. It was like I stepped onto another planet.
    Needless to say, I'm not going back there again. Ever.

2. TwoCents

TwoCents Guru

Pretty short-sighted thinking seeing it just as an "insurance store." They have movies, fitness classes, dancing, general socialization. If you haven't heard, Humana is trying to brand themselves as more than just an insurance company.

TwoCents, Oct 14, 2015
  3. insuranceconceptscindy

insuranceconceptscindy Guru

State:
    Nevada
    We have a couple in my area- Humana and SMA. I understand they are trying to get into the "lifestyle" business. It's still weird. They are an insurance carrier, first and foremost. To me, it looked like an adult day care center. There were even a couple people asleep in the TV area.

4. fishfortwo

fishfortwo Expert

As one of our area Humana managers describes it, " wrapping the tentacles. "

5. bluediamond

bluediamond Guru

Florida Blue retail centers do yoga and tai chi classes and some have a doctor to see patients.

6. pcbinsurance

pcbinsurance Guru

State:
    Florida
    I never saw that but I did get a Chai Latte at one