Humana Mail Order HUGE Glitch

The member can call the pharmacy and request the refill, or if they have web access they can do so online. Once they request the refill, if there are no refills remaining, the pharmacy will contact the MD to obtain a renewal. This is standard practice for all pharmacies, retail or mail order.

Guess I'm in the minority, but I never wanted a "automatic" refill. Their online system has always worked well for me. I don't want a script to be filled automatically for 90 pills I may or may not need anymore if I had a recent Dr. visit and he switched me to something else 5 days after I got the 90. Waste.
You can view everything online, how may months left before you need a new script, how many refills you got left, etc. etc. They will even send reminders by email, text. phone whatever.
Yeah, you gotta be a little bit proactive too. If you fill up the 2 week pill box and you ain't got no mo pills, time to reorder. If you cut it close, hop down to the Walmart and pay the copay. If you die waiting on the mail, you ain't too smart.

:nah:

I spent a bunch of time on the Right Source website and see nowhere to set up an automatic phone call for renewals.

What I can do at Walgreens (for example) is have them contact me monthly when the Rx is ready. I have a choice of picking it up or not.

Maybe I missed the phone call from Right Source asking if we wanted to renew but to have to call to allow them to send the Rx every 3 months makes no sense. You can always call to stop them.

Once again, CMS has created a solution for which there was no problem.

Thanks for correcting me on this. I was unaware of this issue.

Rick

"RightSource will remind you when it's time to refill your medicines. You can receive these reminders by phone, email, or text message. Log in and set your communication preferences."

Never got the phone call alert so don't know if it works or not. I get emails.

Emails, phone calls, etc are fine in many cases, but in dealing with seniors you never know what is going on and they may not remember "getting the call".

Back