Humana Maternity Coverage

when that carrier's underwriting craps out it's off to Assurant for maternity.

Careful.

You really don't want to debate underwriting and Time (Assurant) do you?

I had two babies on a non-maternity individual plan.

Our costs were:

Doctor - $2500 (all visits, ultrasounds)
Hospital - $3000
Anesthesiologist - $800

Just over $6000.

Really?

And all along I thought you were a guy.

$6k is about what we see in Atlanta. Maybe a bit on the low side for normal delivery (no complications, no C-section).

After repricing it comes in closer to $4500.

C-section, no complications, add another $1000 or so.

Maternity claims are usually negotiated on a per diem basis so there is not much variation absent complications.

Maternity SHOULD NOT be a covered benefit

We can remember when it was a scheduled benefit (if covered at all) . . . before government intrusion made it an "any illness" claim.

The ONLY thing I like about Time's approach is the $5k & $10k SIR which leaves most of the risk on the insured but still allows repricing.

Of course that assumes you can get through underwriting . . .

Yep - pretty elusive this "secret carrier." Maybe someone could check something like...oh....Ehealth. Nah...they wouldn't list 'em. But as I say - bag of popcorn and beer - no better free entertainment than this board.

And back to over a page ago before Sman dazzled us with his wit, when that carrier's underwriting craps out it's off to Assurant for maternity.

Rinse and repeat.

So are you actually admitting that I was right and it's not Mega-ish? And yes, ehealth WILL list them (two carriers offer this benefit). But again, you already knew that, right?

Oh yeah, thanks for the compliment. I never thought myself to be witty. Again, just trying to measure up to your standard. Which I know is impossible seeing that you are perfect.

Also, you state that if those carriers don't work out in underwriting to try Assurant. I thought you originally just said,

Write Assurant for maternity.

Is that a concession as well? Not one of your one size/carrier fits all approaches? I think Bob addressed your underwriting issue. Since you are already aware of the carriers, I assume you know all about their underwriting. And since you do, you'd know they are not near as difficult as Assurant.

If you have some time, I'd like to ask you some investment advice. I hear you know everything there is to know about investments.

Recent case - overweight w/cholesterol - 2 meds + depression. Get that past KP then come talk to me.

Well that proves it. I think I'll start using Assurant for all my business. Remember, there is a 2nd carrier that offers this maternity benefit.

Plus, thats' not your typical female who's looking to have a child. Many of us will evaluate each case and make recommendations based on what's best for them.

It's so easy to pick one case study to try and prove your point. It may work on the newbies, but it doesn't on the more seasoned.

So are you actually admitting that I was right and it's not Mega-ish? And yes, ehealth WILL list them (two carriers offer this benefit). But again, you already knew that, right?

Oh yeah, thanks for the compliment. I never thought myself to be witty. Again, just trying to measure up to your standard. Which I know is impossible seeing that you are perfect.

Also, you state that if those carriers don't work out in underwriting to try Assurant. I thought you originally just said,

Write Assurant for maternity.

Is that a concession as well? Not one of your one size/carrier fits all approaches? I think Bob addressed your underwriting issue. Since you are already aware of the carriers, I assume you know all about their underwriting. And since you do, you'd know they are not near as difficult as Assurant.

If you have some time, I'd like to ask you some investment advice. I hear you know everything there is to know about investments.

The "message board" personal attack stuff still amazes me. I have never posted anything on a board I wouldn't say to someone's face. People like you are the opposite. Face to face I'd hear "hey John - just joshing with you." If if you want to post an "internet" style reply - just save it.

I'm at 410-874-7241. If you have something you want to say I'm available all day. It's better to talk than go back and forth for 5 pages if there's an issue you'd like to discuss. If not, we can stop the personal attacks.

So again, if you want to continue this thread as an adult that's fine. If you want to attack me my number is listed above. I'll assume if there's no call that means you'd just like to continue this thread in a professional manner and stop the 8th grade attacks.

It should also be noted in Texas if you are pregnant it is my understanding that INCOME is no longer asked for Medicaid,

WAIT!!!STOP!!! Do you have a link to reference this statement? If TX is allowing this to happen that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. I fully support helping people in precarious circumstances, but I draw the line when that person's car is worth 1X or more their annual salary.

Start here.

You can find info on Medicaid for each state (as well as other options).

According to the site, a single, pregnant, uninsured female citizen with an income in xs of $2167 can qualify for:

Medicaid
SCHIP
Risk Pool

as well as other, non-taxpayer supported options.

The "message board" personal attack stuff still amazes me. I have never posted anything on a board I wouldn't say to someone's face. People like you are the opposite. Face to face I'd hear "hey John - just joshing with you." If if you want to post an "internet" style reply - just save it.

I'm at 410-874-7241. If you have something you want to say I'm available all day. It's better to talk than go back and forth for 5 pages if there's an issue you'd like to discuss. If not, we can stop the personal attacks.

So again, if you want to continue this thread as an adult that's fine. If you want to attack me my number is listed above. I'll assume if there's no call that means you'd just like to continue this thread in a professional manner and stop the 8th grade attacks.

I wouldn't waste a nickel to call you John. Maybe you should get a toll-free number. If that makes me "childish" so be it. If you were sitting here with me, face to face, my stance and words wouldn't change. I am not "joshing" with you. I'm serious as a heart attack. I think you are narrow-minded (that simply means you aren't open to the fact there are things that maybe you just don't know). And that's ok. I surely know there are things I don't know and that's why I said I would NEVER recommend a health insurance product to someone outside of Georgia. Heck, from time to time, Bob and I will bounce questions off of each other. And Bob's been doing this a lot longer than most of us here. I've been in the insurance industry for a while myself (19 years next month). And I still learn something almost every week. I've even learned something from you John. I think you have some great marketing ideas and it appears you are willing to do some things that the unsuccessful just aren't willing to do. When someone gets to the place where they are making a pretty good income from renewals, we tend to not work as hard as we once did. Your marketing ideas bring a fresh perspective. I do think you bounce around a lot. At the beginning of the year it was all about Gary's CRM and now it's about Leadbot and the association. To each his own.

My issue with you is the fact that you think you are right ALL the time and just won't concede when proven wrong or that you may have misspoken. Of course, in your mind you probably don't think you're ever proven wrong or ever misspeak. And that's ok. If I met you in person, we may or may not get along. I don't know. It likely won't ever happen. But I assure you, I'm not saying anything I wouldn't say if you were standing in front of me. So no need for the chest pounding.

Back