Humana PFFS/PDP Recertification

I called a few dr offices, but told my clients to verify with their dr office first about MA participation before they enrolled with me. I'm in a big metro area and not about to call multiple offices.

I've written PFFS all over the country, many from my telephone. I always do a thorough review of the plan making certain the prospect has the summary in front of them.

However, big metro area or not, I think it is up to the agent to contact the doctor for the client. The client did not go to "Medicare Advantage School" and can't properly present the plan and ask if it is accepted. An agent must do this for his client - otherwise the agent is just a salesman.

Rick

An agent must do this for his client - otherwise the agent is just a salesman

Guess I'm a hybrid then. Of course, what is the function of the MA co? They have provider relations....they should call. Nope, most of my clients are capable of calling and obviously have a relationship with that office so get an immediate answer. Plus it is no longer third party. They heard with their own ears. And just because you called and medical office said Yes, doesn't mean next month or down the line they will accept this plan.

But that has already been addressed.

What I have seen in the market:

People want an agent to talk to. With 50+ Part D plans and numerous choices with MA and supp plans, they want someone to talk to about the differences.

I have walked into people's homes who have computer print outs all over from various web sites and their heads are spinning. Most of them are aging into Medicare and want to know how Medicare works and how to supplement it.

AARP is smart to do it all by phone now rather then 2 years ago. They are coming into the market after the MA boom. Most people who have a MA plan understand the basic concept and they can roll them over.

Can someone please explain to me the difference between than and then?:skeptical:

I would like to add to that the term "the wife". It that like "the shovel", "the garage", "the lamp", etc. I always refer to Jacqueline as "my wife, Jacqueline". I would never even think of referring to her as "the" anything.

And besides, she would make me a Castrati if I ever did. Ouch! :D

My FMO (Senior Mkt. Sales) told me that Humanna, the Wal-Mart of MA's, was responsible for the majority of the complaints (boo, hiss!!!) that led up to the temporary and voluntary demise of the product known as the MA!!!! I know Humanna has independent agents, but they are semi-captive (they can offer no other MA). I know the forces of good are fighting hard for the rights of the seniors but until the evil empire releases it's deathly grip on all that is good, no warrior can rest.
I say press on in the fight to continue to do what is best for your seniors and if that means recommending they sign up for a MA and you get nothing, then let it be.

(please excuse the drama, it's 4pm on Friday and I've got eight kids upstairs all under the age of 7).

Senior, if something is less complicated than the thing you are comparing it to, doesn't mean that either is complicated at all.

Now stop complicating this thread, and using up bandwidth on needless complications. AVE AVE AVIS! (bye, bye birdie)

I called a few dr offices, but told my clients to verify with their dr office first about MA participation before they enrolled with me. I'm in a big metro area and not about to call multiple offices.

Why wouldn't you call multiple offices? It's not up to the senior to make certain you sold him the correct coverage. (By the way, I'm in Los Angeles - find me a bigger metro area).

I do ask the provider relations reps to contact doctors when I have enough time before the effective date, but if time is short I'm on the phone calling the provider. A commission of $350 is worth spending a few hours verifying that the doctor will accept the plan.

Anyone can explain a benefit and ask for a signature. Especially when the policy costs nothing! But who is responsible for being sure the product is the right one for the client? I think it's up to the agent to do anything necessary to not screw a senior.

Maybe I just do business a little "old fashioned, " but that's the only way I can sleep at night. Yes, sometimes doctors change their minds (and it just happened to me yesterday) but I know that at least at the time of the enrollment, I've done everything I can to make sure it is the right policy for the right person.

The reason we are in this mess is because some agents were not willing to go the extra mile and be certain that BOTH the client and the doctors understand the program. Again, I'm being paid quite well to take care of this for my client. I don't transfer my responsibility to my client.

There are many people on the board who I know go far beyond what is expected. I don't know if that makes them more or less money. It just makes them better agents.

Just my opinion.

Rick

Last edited:
Back