Humana PFFS/PDP Recertification

Senior, if something is less complicated than the thing you are comparing it to, doesn't mean that either is complicated at all.

Now stop complicating this thread, and using up bandwidth on needless complications. AVE AVE AVIS! (bye, bye birdie)

You shuldn't use the word complicated if that is not what you are comparing. Why are we having this discussinon. This is this less or more complicated than (then for arnguy) med supps?

This is simply a guess on my part but I would think that more captive agents abused the PFFS marketing than independent agents.

Newbies starting off captive have little to lose. I have been licensed for 31 years by explaining the entire picture.

How many agents here that wrote PFFS actually called the physician first to see if they were deemed? I did or made sure the carrier did and had before the enrollment. If everyone was as conscientious, we might not be in this mess.

Okay, I'm jumping down off my pedestal now.

Rick

While this is only anecdotal of course, all of the horror stories I've heard from clients about incompetent and/or dishonest agents selling MA were independent agents. Things may be very different in CA, but there are only a handful of companies in LA that even have a captive sales force at all. Humana is the main one I can think of. Sterling is the only PFFS company I can think of that may have a captive sales force here. Humana's captive agents have a 3 week training whereas their delegated only have 1 day, or at least that's how it was in 2005-2006. You are quite correct that if everyone was as conscientious we might not be in this mess, but IMO anytime a program is out there aimed at seniors has no underwriting, you are going to have bad apples out there.

Back