I Feel Like I Am in "Low Income Subsidy Hell"

This cohort is truly a a specialty. I've built my business on it with dedication to my presentation and have very good persisentcy and I don't call them. Can't mail them them either because their address changes like three Tracfones ago.

You don't need a SNP plan to offer. Had two in this market to offer and now just the regular MAPD plan with a premium (lower with LIS) for the last three or four years. Admittedly a PPO against increasing numbers of HMOs in this market. I know, PPOs are getting rarer in this market and nonexistent in most others.

Lesson is figure out what Medicaid does and doesn't do. The carrier manager (now regional) had absolutely no knowledge of how Medicaid works as it applied to the dual plan in effect at the time. He question me on why I wanted to know. I said well, would you agree that if I had no idea how Meidicare works, then I shouldn't sell Mediare products? Well yes. My retort was then if I had no idea as to how Medicaid works the same should be operative. His response was was "just go sell it".

Eight years later you're facing the same dilemma. If you really know your sh*t, with no help from management, you'll succeed.

I don't seek out the SNP/LIS business at all, too much of a headache. I have been burned too many times (no-shows for appts, they are still in pajamas and drunk when I show up, grandson is smoking pot in the next room and yelling at the tv loudly during appt, etc).

A co-worker of mine has a lot more luck than I do with the full-dual crowd. They flock to him. Lots of referrals. He gets calls all times of the night and day from them, though and lots of cancellations/chargebacks when they change to a different plan 2 months later. I don't want to deal with that.

Back