I hate it when this happens

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
You call a lead. They are almost argumentative about how much health insurance costs, they might as well drop it all together, isn't there anything less than $100 per month . . .

Talked to this lady a couple of weeks ago. Had a Time HSA. Complaining about the rates going up even though she has never filed a claim. She is healthy as a horse. No meds. Exercises. Eats right. Takes vitamins. No tobacco or alcohol.

Sounds pretty dull to me, but then some folks are amazed I am still alive.

Said she would probably drop coverage altogether and just buy an accident plan.

I promised to send a proposal and did.

A week later I sent a link for an accident plan. I called, but did not leave a message.

I threw the lead away.

Yesterday she called.

She apologized, said she knew I talk to a lot of people and wondered if I remembered her.

I did, but of course did not have my notes . . . they were in the trash. But I do have a good memory . . . most of the time.

We talked a bit more. She said she had been looking around, talked to several agents including some she knew, including at least one out of state.

After looking over my information again (at least 3x) she decided I had given her more information, and was the least biased of any . . . including agents she had known for years.

She said she was interested in the Aetna PPOV with a $10,000 deductible. It had everything she wanted but did want to run it by me.

Aetna was $70, Humana Monogram was $111.

I sent a link to view the two plans side by side while we talked on the phone. I pointed out the shortfalls of the Aetna plan (no coverage for non-preferred brand Rx) and reminded her of an earlier discussion. We talked about how some meds, notably those used to treat cancer, would most likely be excluded under the Aetna plan but would be covered under Monogram.

She asked how both these plans compared to the AIM plan.

I told her AIM is not approved for sale in Georgia, or any other state as far as I knew.

More questions.

I probably spent 30 minutes on the phone before she finally asked what she needed to do to apply for the Humana plan.

I sent her a link. She completed the app. Coverage was approved in record time.

And to think I almost blew it by writing this lady off . . .

You call a lead. They are almost argumentative about how much health insurance costs, they might as well drop it all together, isn't there anything less than $100 per month . . .

Talked to this lady a couple of weeks ago. Had a Time HSA. Complaining about the rates going up even though she has never filed a claim. She is healthy as a horse. No meds. Exercises. Eats right. Takes vitamins. No tobacco or alcohol.

Sounds pretty dull to me, but then some folks are amazed I am still alive.

Said she would probably drop coverage altogether and just buy an accident plan.

I promised to send a proposal and did.

A week later I sent a link for an accident plan. I called, but did not leave a message.

I threw the lead away.

Yesterday she called.

She apologized, said she knew I talk to a lot of people and wondered if I remembered her.

I did, but of course did not have my notes . . . they were in the trash. But I do have a good memory . . . most of the time.

We talked a bit more. She said she had been looking around, talked to several agents including some she knew, including at least one out of state.

After looking over my information again (at least 3x) she decided I had given her more information, and was the least biased of any . . . including agents she had known for years.

She said she was interested in the Aetna PPOV with a $10,000 deductible. It had everything she wanted but did want to run it by me.

Aetna was $70, Humana Monogram was $111.

I sent a link to view the two plans side by side while we talked on the phone. I pointed out the shortfalls of the Aetna plan (no coverage for non-preferred brand Rx) and reminded her of an earlier discussion. We talked about how some meds, notably those used to treat cancer, would most likely be excluded under the Aetna plan but would be covered under Monogram.

She asked how both these plans compared to the AIM plan.

I told her AIM is not approved for sale in Georgia, or any other state as far as I knew.

More questions.

I probably spent 30 minutes on the phone before she finally asked what she needed to do to apply for the Humana plan.

I sent her a link. She completed the app. Coverage was approved in record time.

And to think I almost blew it by writing this lady off . . .

I'm sure that's not the first time that happened. Good write up though, you kept me on the edge of my seat, and the ending was a bit of a let down. I thought that she was going to buy the policy and you were going to have a 3 martini lunch and then back to your place, etc.

We'll wait for the next one.

I'm sure that's not the first time that happened. Good write up though, you kept me on the edge of my seat, and the ending was a bit of a let down. I thought that she was going to buy the policy and you were going to have a 3 martini lunch and then back to your place, etc.

We'll wait for the next one.

It was beginning to sound like body fluids were going to be involved... and I'm not referrring to a Paramed exam either...

He certainly left us hanging... Maybe a sequel...?

I want you to know I take my work seriously.

Three martini lunch and a roll in the hay.

Indeed!

But, she IS a massage therapist, so . . . .

I'm a big fan of assuming the sale, but not assuming that it won't happen. LOL

Great recovery Bob!!

:noteworthy:

It was beginning to sound like body fluids were going to be involved... and I'm not referrring to a Paramed exam either...

He certainly left us hanging... Maybe a sequel...?

I know. The sort of thing that happens to everybody, no twist, ugh, she bought a health policy and I'm an agent. The end.

Here's one. I went to deliver two life policies today at a local office. The girls there were beautiful, I got the delivery req's signed...to be continued.

And for those who don't have 35 years of experience in this (or any) business, don't do the following, ever!!

1. A week later I sent a link for an accident plan. I called, but did not leave a message.

2. I threw the lead away.

Congratulations somarco. You're an overnight success after what...about thirty-five years in the business?

There MAY be a future for you in this line of work...

And for those who don't have 35 years of experience in this (or any) business, don't do the following, ever!!

1. A week later I sent a link for an accident plan. I called, but did not leave a message.

2. I threw the lead away.

You know what, that's the conventional wisdom, but I have to disagree.

All agents (even new ones) will have much more success (as well as a lot less aggravation) if they learn to attract instead of chase.

somarco's story is an excellent case study in how to do just that...

Back