I have a misdemeanor assault in 2012

Tezz

I’m studying to take my exam next week was wondering if a misdemeanor assault would prevent me from obtaining my license also I owe some taxes and and have some court fines ... smh I’ve heard that it shouldn’t be a problem if I enclosed the info and Ive also heard other wise. I just don’t want to be studying so hard everyday to not be able to get my licenses.

Typically your problems are going to be felonys or crimes of moral turpitude. If they ask about misdemeanors and you don't mention it, then companies have definitely turned down agents who didn't disclose. With it being a misdemeanor more than seven years ago, it likely won't even come up.

If I were you, I would check with any companies you are thinking about working with and see what is on their actual application. Some IMOs/FMOs send out contract bundles that would give the exact verbiage.

Good luck!

Well I’m talking about getting licensed. I have a company that has hired me and is paying for my exam and license for all 50 states for life and health but I was wondering what would stop me from obtaining it.

That, unfortunately, is up to each state's licensing agency to determine after you apply for the license, truthfully answer all the questions, and do the background check.

Short of calling every state's licensing agency, I think you'll just have to wait and see how it goes.

Well I’m talking about getting licensed. I have a company that has hired me and is paying for my exam and license for all 50 states for life and health but I was wondering what would stop me from obtaining it.

Why not ask them Tezz?

Back