I have had it with Uniscare!!

Yeah, but on a family, it was enough of an increase to bring Unicare closer to the better carriers.

Let's face it, if I'm within $10-30 of a carrier without an RX cap and better underwriting, that's where my client is going.

I write Unicare because I have to... in TX you have your agents peddeling Unicare/BCBS and that's it.

I think Unicare will continue to decline in quality and increase in price.

You are correct, except for the RX cap thing which most Unicare plans do not have (except saver plan).

The bad renewal was Aetna 4/1 , not Unicare. Some of my clients received 25%+ this go around.

People cancel and shop around over $1 - I have seen small increases and large increases and retention is comparable all around. Internet business has a short average shelf life regardless.

If you are selling face to face small business owners then it becomes another story.

You're right.. only on the Saver Plan. I still had BCBS on my mind from the discussion earlier.

That is a sick increase with Aetna!

TXINSURANCE, in light of the current increases, who would you consider your primary carrier? Don't you write quite a bit of Aetna?

I was just getting ready to get appointed with Aetna here in TX. Are you telling me they're no longer competitive. Someone told me they had great underwriting and didn't rate up for smokers. Sounds like I almost fell for another one:D What do they do -- get people in and then hit them with a huge rate increase? Don't they have a 12 month rate guarantee like everyone else?

I was just getting ready to get appointed with Aetna here in TX. Are you telling me they're no longer competitive. Someone told me they had great underwriting and didn't rate up for smokers. Sounds like I almost fell for another one:D What do they do -- get people in and then hit them with a huge rate increase? Don't they have a 12 month rate guarantee like everyone else?

You need to Lic. with everyone.....

Back