I Just Signed Up with CONSECO

JF you can't be serious with that comment about A and B rated companies? The biggest difference for the client is price. Life ins from a B rated company is always more expensive then an A rated company. Also, a negative outlook from an A rated company is still better then a negative outlook from a B rated comment.

So you write the company with the lowest premiums. Even if you use the company that quotes their super preferred plus plus plans most people do not qualify for it. My old college roommate has been an actuary for over 20 years at a few of the top carriers. I personally have never written a Conseco product but I do know that especially term products are a What if or just in case proposition for the client. The rates advertised on TV are seldom underwritten. This comes from a person who designs the product on the basis of probability. I use to write for AIG. Top rated and some of the lowest rates but it was darn hard to get most through underwriting. Who is better off and insured client through a B company or a trying to get covered through A company?

JF you can't be serious with that comment about A and B rated companies? The biggest difference for the client is price. Life ins from a B rated company is always more expensive then an A rated company. Also, a negative outlook from an A rated company is still better then a negative outlook from a B rated comment.

That's a very bold statement. Always? You would have a very hard time backing up that statement with actual facts. It's just not true.

Yes I agree with you Todd. I think there are many companies with great ratings that have to raise there rates. Clients trust their agents and the companies they do business with even though there are companies that may have a lower rate for them. Just think why that may happen and it's easy to understand. Say 100 30 year old men buy a term policy for about 20 dollars a month with an average face of 500,000 thousand. If just 2 or 3 were to die in that block of business then that premium may have to be adjusted to cover the 1,500,000 thousand dollar obligation. This is only an example used by my actuary friend. The probability factors used are for larger blocks of people. With that said! I am concluding my discussion on Conseco. I look at them just like some looked at Shenandoah and Old Mutual a short while ago as well as ING. Things change sometimes.

I want to thank you for the post about this company. They pulled my resume from Hot jobs and I agreed to an interview. I sat in the lobby of the hotel waiting for him to come down and greet me, I finally called him and five minutes later he came down with a female( I think his manager). I was not impressed with the interviewer and the lady that was with him kept messing with her cell phone probably texting. The interview was very scripted and whenever I asked a question seem to throw him off track. I guess I was supposed to be impressed that they had a contract with the school system and the state. (in this area, budget cuts and layoff so no one is buying anything) There was nothing said that would make me leave my current position to go with Conseco. He laid out the commission structure of the earnings I could make, when asked about the staff in my area, he told me he is looking to build a strong team, so I was scared to ask him to explain what he meant by that. I was under the impression I was going to work out of my home. My training would consist of online modules that I would have to complete as well as a script. This forum gave me more information going in and I was well prepared going into the interview. Selling is nothing new to me but I am tired of companies promising books of business and leads and bonuses when that is not the case at all, most of the times the books have been over worked. Financially I am not in a position to go straight commission, I took a large hit and I have worked straight commission for almost 20 years. I am glad for honest agents, giving real advise to help those like me seeking a opportunities to make good decisions.

I want to thank you for the post about this company. They pulled my resume from Hot jobs and I agreed to an interview. I sat in the lobby of the hotel waiting for him to come down and greet me, I finally called him and five minutes later he came down with a female( I think his manager). I was not impressed with the interviewer and the lady that was with him kept messing with her cell phone probably texting. The interview was very scripted and whenever I asked a question seem to throw him off track. I guess I was supposed to be impressed that they had a contract with the school system and the state. (in this area, budget cuts and layoff so no one is buying anything) There was nothing said that would make me leave my current position to go with Conseco. He laid out the commission structure of the earnings I could make, when asked about the staff in my area, he told me he is looking to build a strong team, so I was scared to ask him to explain what he meant by that. I was under the impression I was going to work out of my home. My training would consist of online modules that I would have to complete as well as a script. This forum gave me more information going in and I was well prepared going into the interview. Selling is nothing new to me but I am tired of companies promising books of business and leads and bonuses when that is not the case at all, most of the times the books have been over worked. Financially I am not in a position to go straight commission, I took a large hit and I have worked straight commission for almost 20 years. I am glad for honest agents, giving real advise to help those like me seeking a opportunities to make good decisions.

I have been an agent with PMA USA, Conseco for only a month now. I really enjoy it. I am making a good living and the script really isn't that hard. It seems overwhelming at first but in reality it is quite easy. I'm no brain so if I can do this anyone can...but this business isn't for everyone. I was in the military for 9 years so living in a motel from Mon to Thurs is something I actually enjoy. I am away from my family 4 days and am home 4 nights. Yes they are long days but what else are you going to do out there except work. But it isn't a bad company and the products we offer here in Nebraska are very good products. I honestly don't understand why others have bad comments to say about the company because from what I have seen everything they have told me has been true. I'm not saying that they don't have legitimate reasons for feeling the way they do. I would just like to say that I am very happy with the company and am making twice as much money per month as I made with my hourly $12.50 / 55 hours per week job. The folks I work with are good people and do as they say they are going to do. I can't speak for any others across the country.

Ok, well, my two cents may not be worth more than that but wanted to put it out there anyway.

Thanks!

We sure are having a lot of 1st timers come on here and brag about Conseco. HMM.. Just saying..

I guess you could call it bragging; but honestly I was simply giving an account of my experience. I wish you the best in this New Year!

:)
Mark was commenting on the fact that this year one this post we have had 2 people each with 1 post bring this post back to life after more than 18 months of being inactive....

Back