I Like Geico, but My Motorcycle Policy Seems a Little Off

Josh

Guru
5000 Post Club
So, I have Geico for my car insurance and recently bought a motorcycle so I insured with them.

My policy came in the mail today so I decided to read it (yes, a true insurance agent). Here was a line that concerned me on my *motorcycle* policy:

Exclusions: ..... Any vehicle which: Has fewer than four wheels

I called them up and spoke with a nice lady and explained to her that I had one of those new motorcycles that only has two wheels and she laughed then explained to me that they just took their auto policy and use it as their motorcycle policy until they can get the language for the motorcycle approved.

I'm not at all concerned about them excluding my bike from coverage because the policy is written goofy, but I thought it was hilarious. She confirmed that very few people actually read it and call up and ask (almost non-existant), but I figured I'd make sure this motorcycle policy did, in fact, cover motorcycles with two wheels. I thought it may have been a printing mistake, but I guess that's just the DOI keeping consumers safe. We wouldn't want any confusing or misleading language in an insurance policy.

shame on you for using Geico.

It amazes me that an insurance agent, would buy insurance from an online place and not thru a fellow agent......

shame on you for using Geico.

It amazes me that an insurance agent, would buy insurance from an online place and not thru a fellow agent......

I'm all ears man.

-I've had a total loss with them they handled flawlessly and beyond my expectations.
-I've had a few agents quote me out and they can't do any better on rates.
-They always answer the phone when I call and answer my questions.

Why should I pay more for my car insurance? I don't expect anyone to pay more for their lists to buy from me. I'm less expensive and more accurate than SalesGenie, List Giant, TLC Lists, Martin Worldwide, and the list goes on.

It's not enough that I have a standing offer for 50 free leads for any agent that visits FreeTelemarketingScripts.com along with telemarketing scripts to help them get started, you expect me to overpay for my car insurance too?

C'mon man.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
like a farmer going to the supermarket for milk....

It makes me sick just to think of it.

Last edited:
I'm always amazed when insurance agents don't support insurance agents too.

I would never consider buying insurance through a self-service system. I wouldn't even buy through an out of town agent.

Call up GEICO and speak with anyone there. Never had a bad experience, I never get transferred around, and they know what they are talking about. They quote exactly the coverages I ask for, instead of trying to talk me out of it as local agents do. All that, for half the price.

If their customer service was on par with Comcast or AT&T, it would be an easy choice. Many "hometown" agents would do well to emulate the agents at the GEICO call center.

So, I have Geico for my car insurance and recently bought a motorcycle so I insured with them.

My policy came in the mail today so I decided to read it (yes, a true insurance agent). Here was a line that concerned me on my *motorcycle* policy:

I called them up and spoke with a nice lady and explained to her that I had one of those new motorcycles that only has two wheels and she laughed then explained to me that they just took their auto policy and use it as their motorcycle policy until they can get the language for the motorcycle approved.

I'm not at all concerned about them excluding my bike from coverage because the policy is written goofy, but I thought it was hilarious. She confirmed that very few people actually read it and call up and ask (almost non-existant), but I figured I'd make sure this motorcycle policy did, in fact, cover motorcycles with two wheels. I thought it may have been a printing mistake, but I guess that's just the DOI keeping consumers safe. We wouldn't want any confusing or misleading language in an insurance policy.

Okay so your happy with your Motocycle policy that excludes 2 wheel vehicles? I know you would win in a court of public opion but it IS in the policy.

Back