I Like Geico, but My Motorcycle Policy Seems a Little Off

When you pass a P&C office while out riding your bike, stop in and throw a ten spot on his desk. Support your fellow agent.

Speaking of shopping aroung Josh...I used to spend a ton of $$ on lead lists until I found this for $250 a year....Maybe I could help all my friends by posting my signon and password...then they could save a few bucks

If you're down with violating the terms of service, no reason to not. There is plenty of business for everyone.

Here's a list of my pricing and my competitors. Apples to apples when you're comparing quality data and actually talking with someone about the data, the numbers speak for themselves:

Affordable Marketing Lists - AffordableMarketingLists.com - 888.904.3292
1,000 for $59 (5.9 cents per lead)
2,000 for $99 (5 cents per lead)

Cole Lists - ColeLists.com - 800.800.3271
1,000 for $110 (11 cents per lead)
2,000 for $200 (10 cents per lead)

Database 101 Prices - Database101.com - 877.417.0101
1,000 for $150 (15 cents per lead)
2,000 for $260 (13 cents per lead)

Experian - Experian.com - 888.808.8242
1,000 for $350 (35 cents per lead)
2,000 for $400 (20 cents per lead)

ReferenceUSA - ReferenceUSA.com - 888.808.1113
1,000 for $190 (19 cents per lead)
2,000 for $320 (16 cents per lead)

Sales Genie Prices - SalesGenie.com - 877.708.3844
1,000 for $240 (24 cents per lead)
2,000 for $390 (19.5 cents per lead)

InfoGroup owns SalesGenie and last year they did over $500,000,000.00 in sales. My goal is to get 0.05% of their business. There's plenty of business out there for everyone.

Speaking of shopping aroung Josh...I used to spend a ton of $$ on lead lists until I found this for $250 a year....Maybe I could help all my friends by posting my signon and password...then they could save a few bucks

I'm not that perceptive, but it looks like you're not too fond of what he did.

I asked a very personal friend of mine, one that's known me 10 years, if I'd been untrue to my principles since he'd known me. A thoughtful silence lead to "No, your primciples have'nt changed just sometimes you change your methods of applying them, But, you know what you stand for." I accepted that as an honest answer.

IMO, all Josh meant was to share a odd (funny) story andI laughed at the Gehko. But, I still plan to buy lists from Josh. I don't think he has to surrender his right to make personal decisions.

He based his decision upon facts as he understood them, price, quality of service that he had expereienced, skill in human relations and product knowledge of the one's who answered the phone. He had comparison shopped.

When we know what we expect as a consumer, and that is delivered, decision to purchase is simple.

Our job as sales and business people is to deliver what the buying public expects. usually the ice breaker is freindly service!

I thought this was a forum for agents to help each other and share ideas?? By using an Internet or direct carrier goes against everything I thought "we" stood for around here.

Why would you go direct for something so important to your families financial protection? If you have a good agent they will likely have a competitive premium but the money you save on the back end when you find yourself in a suit or a catastrophe could be the difference in financial well being and financial ruin.

Practice what you preach...

I thought this was a forum for agents to help each other and share ideas?? By using an Internet or direct carrier goes against everything I thought "we" stood for around here.

Why would you go direct for something so important to your families financial protection? If you have a good agent they will likely have a competitive premium but the money you save on the back end when you find yourself in a suit or a catastrophe could be the difference in financial well being and financial ruin.

Practice what you preach...

Let me say that I have never bought insurance online. However, half the agents that post on here talk about selling online and over the telephone so Josh is practicing exactly what is being preached here. Only, he took it one step farther and bought direct from the carrier.

As far as finding yourself in a suit, from what I have seen an agent is zero help in that case especially if it is you suing the company he placed you with.

Last edited:
Let me say that I have never bought insurance online. However, half the agents that post on here talk about selling online and over the telephone so Josh is practicing exactly what is being preached here. Only, he took it one step farther and bought direct from the carrier.

As far as finding yourself in a suit, from what I have seen an agent is zero help in that case especially if it is you suing the company he placed you with.

It's not zero help when you set up a policy to protect the client from losing everything due to a suit. Does geico educate you on umbrella's? No. Will they write you limits lower than 100/300k BI? Yes. I refuse to write limits under a certain amount. In my state there is "tort"...does a geico rep take the time to explain how tort effects you? Doubt it...most of them prolly don't even know.

An insurance agent buying direct is not practicing what he preaches...if all companies would go direct we would all be in obama's bread line.

I can't believe I am actually having this discussion on here....

Back