I Need a Drink!

A couple of months ago we had our house painted. We got a referral to a painting contractor. He is Ukrainian as are his workers.

They did a great job... incredible attention to detail. I asked him how he gets them to work so hard and do so well and he said "They know I'm the boss, they know I'm the one who pays them, and they know that in this economy I can replace any one of them with ten others before lunch today."

If you are in the Sacramento area and need a indoor or outdoor house painter, I got the guy!

Sad but true.....I'll hire an American crew and they are good for about 2 jobs....soon as you pay them they are history.

If you have two offices that close together maybe you could swap people back and forth between offices. Maybe even the suggestion will show them you are serious about this.

So after listing to 30 minutes of what each person does wrong…I told them this is nuts…and I feel like I am a D A M N school teacher, or guidance counselor. I have actually had to talk to them 3 times in the past two weeks regarding these same types of things.

Well people just sometimes play like a child or just stupid... replacing employees because of some crap is a waste of time and money though.

If you have two offices that close together maybe you could swap people back and forth between offices. Maybe even the suggestion will show them you are serious about this.

I was thinking this same thing not only would this possibly cut off the fighting in the office you spend time in, but maybe having the go-getter at your other office for a while will inspire you non-producers.

They did a great job... incredible attention to detail. I asked him how he gets them to work so hard and do so well and he said "They know I'm the boss, they know I'm the one who pays them, and they know that in this economy I can replace any one of them with ten others before lunch today."

If you are in the Sacramento area and need a indoor or outdoor house painter, I got the guy![/quote]

Dang Needed him last week...
I guess they found someone when they bought paint...
Like everyone is saying... can be replaced by lunch time & this painter was! LOL:yes:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I had an assistant and found it very helpful.
She took a month off and I regained my sanity and now independently the chic that makes it all happen again.
(4 years next month lol) Occassionally, I pay outside help for marketing campaign help, etc... but the buck stops there!

Last edited:
Back