I want to become an Independent Agent

I heard he was driving to see his first client when some *** student pilot crashed a Cessna into his car when he came up short on a landing.

I for one will miss Sergio.

Rick

Next time aim for the touchdown zone, not the end of the runway. Hopefully you won't have this problem again.

hi guys,

I live in oregon and currently hold a p & c Life and Health license. I have been selling insurance with State Farm recently but do have experince with farmers and american family. I have been licensed for eight years. I would like to know if i want to go independant how can i find the companies so that i can write insurance if i new in business. I will be getting my e&o coverage soon. As i know this is one thing i need. BUt how can i get appointed so that i can produce for different insurance companies?? What are the requirements. I have read that you need to have a established book of business before most companies will allow you to write for their companies. I tried Smart Choice but they are not available in the state of Oregon. Any sugesstions?
I think independence is the greatest thing. It's why we live in the USA in the first place. You can easily get going if you only knew the right path, right? I can help. Call me and I'll give you some URLs and companies to work with in order to jump start your future.
In the end, if you have customers who want you to be their broker, then you'll have a future in this business.
Larry

Larry,

Can you please send me those links please, I'm taking my P&C exam Tuesday, I want to go independent. I kinda need some advice though, I want to add a L&H person on, but don't know how to split the money or who owns what. I know I can't take L&H commission's unless I have the L&H Lic.

Shaye

I think independence is the greatest thing. It's why we live in the USA in the first place. You can easily get going if you only knew the right path, right? I can help. Call me and I'll give you some URLs and companies to work with in order to jump start your future.
In the end, if you have customers who want you to be their broker, then you'll have a future in this business.
Larry

Larry, I would guess in the last four years Mr Gonzalez has found his path.

Do you offer contracts?

I would seek out and research any "turn key" General Agency franchises in your area. That way you get the appointments and technology support you need and still operate as an Independent.

Back