Ideal Concepts Aka American Insurance Organization

I can see there is a lot of "fake news" on this site. First of all, they don't hire anyone without interviewing. I had two phone interviews, one being an hour long with role playing, and had to take 3 job assessments. Thankfully I passed everything and was offered a position.

My first week of training will be 4 full days, 9 am - 6 pm. Then I will have a manager shadow me on the phone. There will be more advanced training after the first month.

You can't miss any training, and you must pass tests that are given, to proceed forward. I am also a "remote" agent, so the agents who posted the nonsense about no training for remote agents, or that they just hire you without an interview, are giving false information. Why is that?

Also, I have searched over and over again on the internet for "scam" articles regarding AIO and Ideal Concepts. Guess what....I found ZERO! If you have something, please copy and post to this site. I am more than willing to read it, and bring it to the company's attention to get answers.

Finally, I am a female agent, who has been on this forum in the past, but left because of the immaturity of so-called insurance professionals. Having said that, I recently rejoined, but sadly, the immature comments from childish agents hasn't gone away! When are you going to grow up and act respectfully? Do you not care? If not, your foolishness will be lead you to ruins in the end. Of that you can be certain. God sees, hears, and watches ALL of us. HE is the ONE who sits on the THRONE! Amen!

Sorry for calling you boy...girl. :twitchy:

I can see there is a lot of "fake news" on this site. First of all, they don't hire anyone without interviewing. I had two phone interviews, one being an hour long with role playing, and had to take 3 job assessments. Thankfully I passed everything and was offered a position.

My first week of training will be 4 full days, 9 am - 6 pm. Then I will have a manager shadow me on the phone. There will be more advanced training after the first month.

You can't miss any training, and you must pass tests that are given, to proceed forward. I am also a "remote" agent, so the agents who posted the nonsense about no training for remote agents, or that they just hire you without an interview, are giving false information. Why is that?

Also, I have searched over and over again on the internet for "scam" articles regarding AIO and Ideal Concepts. Guess what....I found ZERO! If you have something, please copy and post to this site. I am more than willing to read it, and bring it to the company's attention to get answers.

Finally, I am a female agent, who has been on this forum in the past, but left because of the immaturity of so-called insurance professionals. Having said that, I recently rejoined, but sadly, the immature comments from childish agents hasn't gone away! When are you going to grow up and act respectfully? Do you not care? If not, your foolishness will be lead you to ruins in the end. Of that you can be certain. God sees, hears, and watches ALL of us. HE is the ONE who sits on the THRONE! Amen!

The written word can be read in different ways. It sure sounded like you were very demanding in your first post, which puts people on the defensive to begin with. In other words, you should inspect what you expect! Start with inspecting yourself.

Sounds like you have already made your decision anyway, so good luck with your new venture and hopefully you won't get screwed over too badly. Once you do get screwed over, do the right thing and come back on here and apologize to the ones that were trying to help you. I'm betting you won't be able to humble yourself enough to do that though.

Asks for opinions, but "respectful ones only". I'd recommend looking up the terms "confirmation bias" and "cognitive dissonance".

I truly hope that we're more cautious for lack of knowledge on this company and that they really ARE that "golden" of an opportunity.

Experience has taught me otherwise.

I have worked in the past with Ideal Concepts.

Its not a bad gig during Open Enrollment because you get a lot of opportunities to cross sell, but once Obamacare OEM is over its dead.
You have to rely on selling STM plans, which is tough because most of the prospects are Obamacare prospects i.e. broke & sick and so not really STM clients.

My biggest problem with them is the way they distribute leads. They generate a lot of health leads, but their call center in Allentown gets first dibs on them. They get the wheat, the home-based remote agents are stuck with the chaff. The call center contacts the fresh leads, and the leads they couldn't sell get distributed to the remote agents.

Anyway, the reason they recruiting heavily now is because its terrible this time of year and they are probably losing agents right and left. Add the fact that STMs are about to be limited to 3 months and that SEP Obamacare plans don't pay commission and their agents must really be heading for the exits.

Can't. Handle. The. Lies. Here they are, in no particular order:

First lie- You sign a contract stating that you won't talk badly about them. It's called a "non-disparagement clause", also called a "protection of reputation clause" is pretty standard in employment agreements. Similarly, they cannot give you a negative reference to a future employer. Fairly standard.

Second lie- You must train out of their office. This is more like "old requirements" than a lie. They used to make local agents train out of their office. I know for a fact they don't anymore- since they don't have any in house agents anymore.

Third lie- They give the "in house agents" the "good leads". This is the most ridiculous lie I've heard, but you're not the first agent to say it. They have no way of knowing whether you are in house or not based on their CRM. Also, they don't even have any in house agents at this point, because their Allentown office filled up and so they only offer remote positions. In reality, the lead distribution is based on performance. So if you're a crappy agent, you get the "chaff". Performance is based on closing rate, cross sell rate, retention, etc. This is pretty standard in the sales world. I've also been told the older the lead you close, the more weighted that close is, that way if you start off badly, you can work your way up to better leads. Personally, I'VE never had an issue getting good leads ;-)

Fourth lie- "The reason they recruiting heavily now is because its terrible this time of year and they are probably losing agents right and left." I am not privy to the entire agent list, but I do know they recruit heavily throughout the year. I haven't seen any less agents coming on board any particular time of the year.

Fifth lie- "the fact that STMs are about to be limited to 3 months and that SEP Obamacare plans don't pay commission and their agents must really be heading for the exits." STM are limited to 3 months- except with some STM carriers, you can sell four separate policies with a preexisting waiver. Bam- 12 month plan for half the price of ACA and triple the commission!

Anyone who wants real information can direct message me. I'm not going to try not to get involved on here anymore, it's bad for my blood pressure. Plus I'm usually too busy but I'm currently in "class" doing my CE credits today. :-P

Salesgirl is a lying shill. STMs are limited to 3 months now. Saying they are automatically renewable is a total crock. And the carriers they sell SEP plans for no longer pay commissions. I suspect she works for Ideal Concepts home office and is being paid to pimp them.

Can't. Handle. The. Lies. Here they are, in no particular order:

First lie- You sign a contract stating that you won't talk badly about them. It's called a "non-disparagement clause", also called a "protection of reputation clause" is pretty standard in employment agreements. Similarly, they cannot give you a negative reference to a future employer. Fairly standard.

Second lie- You must train out of their office. This is more like "old requirements" than a lie. They used to make local agents train out of their office. I know for a fact they don't anymore- since they don't have any in house agents anymore.

Third lie- They give the "in house agents" the "good leads". This is the most ridiculous lie I've heard, but you're not the first agent to say it. They have no way of knowing whether you are in house or not based on their CRM. Also, they don't even have any in house agents at this point, because their Allentown office filled up and so they only offer remote positions. In reality, the lead distribution is based on performance. So if you're a crappy agent, you get the "chaff". Performance is based on closing rate, cross sell rate, retention, etc. This is pretty standard in the sales world. I've also been told the older the lead you close, the more weighted that close is, that way if you start off badly, you can work your way up to better leads. Personally, I'VE never had an issue getting good leads ;-)

Fourth lie- "The reason they recruiting heavily now is because its terrible this time of year and they are probably losing agents right and left." I am not privy to the entire agent list, but I do know they recruit heavily throughout the year. I haven't seen any less agents coming on board any particular time of the year.

Fifth lie- "the fact that STMs are about to be limited to 3 months and that SEP Obamacare plans don't pay commission and their agents must really be heading for the exits." STM are limited to 3 months- except with some STM carriers, you can sell four separate policies with a preexisting waiver. Bam- 12 month plan for half the price of ACA and triple the commission!

Anyone who wants real information can direct message me. I'm not going to try not to get involved on here anymore, it's bad for my blood pressure. Plus I'm usually too busy but I'm currently in "class" doing my CE credits today. :-P

Sorry for calling you boy...girl. :twitchy:
I start with Ideal Concepts in 2 days as a remote agent. Like any new job I feel a little nervous, co thanks for the info. I also had 2 interviews and back ground checks, my computer checked and I was required to have 5 state licenses, headset. I had to wait on contract approval from carriers. It takes about 3-4 weeks to get ready for this job. So far my recuiter and licensing department have been very professional and available to answer any questions. I am a new agent and made mistakes early getting wrapped up with multi level companies; NAA and and US Health Advisors. Good Luck making money with those companies. Some do, most dont.

----------

Hello....just checking threads RE: Ideal Concepts and I found yours agentjanez. Did you start working with IC? Just wondering how its going? I start in 2 days, would love some FYI on IC. thanks....

No. I'm actually looking for "grown up" responses.

----------

With all due respect, I'm not looking for "opinions" about this company from people who have never worked from them. If you find that offensive, I'm sorry, but asking me what type of insurance they sell, tells me you have never worked for them. Get it?

I've already interviewed, took their assessments, role played, and was offered a position. Just trying to find some honest reviews of the company from former or current employees, prior to starting. I didn't realize that would be so hard on this Insurance Forum. I thought this was a group of Professionals, but based on the comments, I guess it's not. Very sad.

Based on agentjanez's ability to deal with people trying to help her, I am curious to see how she person will deal with the public if/when she gets hired!

Last edited:
I start with Ideal Concepts in 2 days as a remote agent. Like any new job I feel a little nervous, co thanks for the info. I also had 2 interviews and back ground checks, my computer checked and I was required to have 5 state licenses, headset. I had to wait on contract approval from carriers. It takes about 3-4 weeks to get ready for this job. So far my recuiter and licensing department have been very professional and available to answer any questions. I am a new agent and made mistakes early getting wrapped up with multi level companies; NAA and and US Health Advisors. Good Luck making money with those companies. Some do, most dont.

----------
How is it going so far? What state did you have to get licensed in? Thanks! I am also considering this company. Right now I am at Florida Blue for OE

Back