If You Had to Pick .. DM or TM Leads

Cyborg7

Guru
100+ Post Club
Ok let's pretend these are your only choices to run you biz each week. No other options you have to pick one !

50 lead cards per week (old school 64 style cards)

Or

80 TM leads per week from your fave TM lead vendor

Lets pretend both options are FREE. Therefore no discussion of ROI !

I have a 2 part answer . In the first 6-8 weeks I'd take the 80 Tm leads as I could probably stay within a 100 mile radius of home. After that to get 80 tm leads every week would probably require a 200-500 mile radius to generate that many leads weekly.After that I'd switch to Dm leads.Whats nice about dm leads is you can pick 8-12 counties and basically work that your whole career. Just pick all the zips in those 12 counties and mail them in order and when you get to the end of the list just start over.Its a giant loop.I have a rolling file folder with 12 counties. Each county has a hanging file with 2 files in it. One of the files is for calling and one is for door knocking. So let's say tommorrow I have 8 appts in a county A. Just grab that door knocking folder and bring it with me. I can scrub and app in 3-5 minutes now and rarely make mistakes . Every night I come home I scrub my apps and fax them in.My wife is my appt setter so she has all my appts ready and loads them in my gps plus she has copies of all my dk' and loads them in the gps. I have 2 gps's. One Gps stays at home which my wife uses to load all appt addresses and she loads 4-6 door knocking addresses in there . Each morning we switch out gps's..I have a few more tricks I'll share with the board at a later date.

Ok let's pretend these are your only choices to run you biz each week. No other options you have to pick one ! 50 lead cards per week (old school 64 style cards) Or 80 TM leads per week from your fave TM lead vendor Lets pretend both options are FREE. Therefore no discussion of ROI !

Would you choose a lead where someone ( including all those millions on the DNC lists) sorted through their mail, something on a card caught their attention, they went and found an ink pen, sat down and filled out the information on the card, walked to their mailbox and put the card in the mailbox OR a lead where they answered their phone and sat through a pitch.

I think I know how this will go.

Good thing we really don't have to choose though. Both have their place.

Ok let's pretend these are your only choices to run you biz each week. No other options you have to pick one !

Or

If ROI wasn't a concern, I'd take the E-64s.

Or

Direct mail all day long. In my case I could spend my whole career working Salt Lake county. There are enough good areas and zero ghettos to deal with. Like Newby always said, I could mail a 30 mile radius and never leave.

Back