If You Have 50 Exclusive In House Telemarketing Leads...

What do you mean by Zero, Zero as none of the leads will become client, or Zero as that all of them will become client...?

What do you mean by Zero, Zero as none of the leads will become client, or Zero as that all of them will become client...?

You asked what the least you could expect. The least would be zero clients. Couldn't even guess what the most reasonable number you could expect.

Rick

Not near enough information for someone to even really guess. Rick is right, you might not get any clients out of the 50, so zero is the least.

What's reasonable? Depends, what are you selling? What is your experience with telemarketed leads? How long have you been doing this?

The other big thing, is how were they telemarketed? What were they told to get them to agree to talk to you? It makes a HUGE difference.

Also, define 'exclusive in house'.

Dan

What is least you can expect that these leads will turned into client?

Do the telemarketers have a quota?
How good are the leads?
How good are you?
How good is your product?

There are so many variables to this question, it would be almost impossible to answer with any hope of accuracy.

This week we got 31 health insurance leads from one of my telemarketers. The script was direct and did require them to give us some information before we called it a lead, basics like who do they have, what are they paying, and how many people are insured. Also, my telemarketers are paid hourly with a performance bonus based on SALES not leads. The leads are a mix of individual and small group, we'll probably end up insuring about 15 lives by the time the dust settles on everything. There are WAY too many variables to be able to answer your question.

Why are you asking? You're better off hiring and training the right telemarketers to get you quality leads that will result in sales from calling the right demographic with the right product and carrier. If you missing any of those parts or do not have enough capital to fund the venture you'll likely be disappointed with the results. I think too many agents buy leads or pay telemarketers expecting that to be the instant solution to their insurance career and that simply not the quick fix some might like to think it is.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
You asked what the least you could expect. The least would be zero clients. Couldn't even guess what the most reasonable number you could expect.

Rick

I'm going to have to agree with Rick that zero is the least amount. That being said, if the telemarketers do run into your existing clients and are put out by the telemarketing it's possible that you could end up with less clients than you began with, but I don't think that's likely.

Not knowing anything else about your situation I'm inclined to believe that zero might actually be a reasonable number for you to expect. If you want help figuring out a telemarketing campaign and learning what to expect you should do yourself a favor and send me an e-mail or PM with your number. This is quite a bit more challenging than most would expect and anyone who says any different is trying to sell you something.

Last edited:
If you have 50 leads, you should close enough so that it makes sense. Did you pay for these leads? Want some of us to test them out for you and let you know if we get a direct deposit if we make a sale? I'm sure we'll close some of your leads and we'll report back to you.

The direct answer is 42.

Wow..you must be really really good then.

The leads are generated from a list I bought filtered from age 30-62. It has about 10 questions that my telemarketers must asked and get answers to. I will not consider it as a lead, if not 7 out of the 10 question is not answer. It even ask how much insurance they requested and the reason for that amount...also went on to ask about their health history and if they have any other life insurance in place. Then finalized by telling them that I will call them to set up a time for us to go over their need. They give a date and time, and then I call.

This is my first week testing this out, that's why I'm asking. I paid my telemarketers by commission only.

Back