If your NMO just lost their UHC contract....

Todd King

IMO/FMO Owner
5000 Post Club
Virginia
It has come to our attention that a couple of NMOs have permanently lost their contracts with UHC. According to what we hear, the existing agents will be moved straight to UHC and will not be allowed to recontract until January 1st, 2021.

So, at that point you'll probably want to contract with another outfit.

We would love for any agents who have fallen into this abyss to contract with us if you like and when you can.

What would cause someone to PERMANENTLY lose their contract?

Evidently it was something about their agents steering clients away from UHC. I don't know the whole story, but this is what I was told. I'm not sure why they would term the entire NMO and NOT term the agents as well. There must be part of this story that we don't know.

Evidently it was something about their agents steering clients away from UHC. I don't know the whole story, but this is what I was told. I'm not sure why they would term the entire NMO and NOT term the agents as well. There must be part of this story that we don't know.

Sure seems like there is a big stink somewhere at the top.

I don't recall the carrier, or IMO, but did have a situation where the IMO lost their contract. And I was "terminated" as well but not for anything I did. I was immediately given a new contract direct with the carrier. That was fine with me. The IMO had nothing I needed.

What would cause someone to PERMANENTLY lose their contract?

Some companies have production requirements with NMOs. The Regional Mgr at Health Net told me one of the NMOs almost lost their contract because of low production.

As for being terminated from an FMO and given a new contract, Health Net did this a few years back. They terminated all FMO and made everyone contract direct. Fortunately, I was direct so I wasn't effected.

I was immediately given a new contract direct with the carrier.
Pretty sure that's what's going on with the outfit Todd alluded to. FWIW, the breakup sounds to me like a variant of "big entity throws its bargaining weight around & discards a profitable relationship"

Selfishly what sucks is having to return to enduring UHC enrollment tools after having gotten used to them being on the same enrollment platform with my other 'reliably chosen' coverage options. Really annoying how thoroughly these hulking institutions can screw up what should be simple enrollment processes.

Back