I'm no longer a virgin! (in selling insurance, that is)

Surprisingly not... It actually seems quite good. I have gotten a lot of phone calls from from people interested in talking to me. First week, I've been pretty busy which is good obviously. I'm hoping it continues to pick up from here! I'll be using telemarketed leads though as well. I should be getting my first 20 of those tomorrow. :)

Yeah, it was actually a pretty easy sell since I already had a good relationship with them. The coverage I proposed to them made sense to them, and I walked away with a 250K policy on each of them. :)

Surprisingly not... It actually seems quite good. I have gotten a lot of phone calls from from people interested in talking to me. First week, I've been pretty busy which is good obviously. I'm hoping it continues to pick up from here! I'll be using telemarketed leads though as well. I should be getting my first 20 of those tomorrow. :)

I thought the commission was supposed to be next to nothing because a couple major companies had the market cornered, from what I read.

I thought the commission was supposed to be next to nothing because a couple major companies had the market cornered, from what I read.

Not sure where you got that info from, but I can honestly say that's not true. The commission plan that I have is really good, and there are a LOT of people here that are in need of coverage. A lot of people have BCBS of Michigan and are paying an assload for that coverage. There is definitely a market for individual health in Michigan.

Congradutlations on Your First Sale!

Remember to keep the momentum going. The hardest part of the business is to get momentum starting out with an empty schedule. As you get busy, make sure you schedule time each day to prospect. The more appointments you have, the easier it is to set new appointments (referrals, second meetings, ect.). If you don't prospect EVERY DAY, soon you will be back to where you started, dressed up without a place to go. Good luck!

Back