IMHO, You Don't Deserve 120%

I don't treat them like a paycheck but the fact is IMOs are in business to make money. It sounds to me like you took the high contract little support offer and you are struggling. Had you taken a lower deal the IMO could do more for you. Are their IMOs who try and put agents on low contracts and give them nothing sure. But those get known. Hell just today I sent 20 leads to a agent no charge because she has been working hard and taking my advice and turning in business so great job here some free leads. And she had moved up to a higher contract. It's all relative I help the ones who help themselves.

Actually I started with a 70% at NASB. When I realized that there were higher contracts with better training, I jumped. Make more money now and learned a he'll of a lot.

Thank god there are other IMO's. But we've already shot holes in your business model before, no need to rehash that.:no:

It's ok I don't really care. I get a lot of agents that want training and support and leads and a lower contract. Some don't. It's all good. That's why they can shop. I can easily pull my leads and support and give them a higher contract. When offered 90% take the support and leads. It's their choice in not hiding anything.

Now if your talking my lead financing program I will no longer offer that. I have a few agents left on it but I will not put anyone else on it.

----------

Actually I started with a 70% at NASB. When I realized that there were higher contracts with better training, I jumped. Make more money now and learned a he'll of a lot.

I said their are bad ones 70% and paying $26 for leads is a bad one.

I get a lot of agents that want training and support and leads and a lower contract
They want a lower contract, eh?

The conversation has thusly been about Gross, when it should bet about Net.

Sure, gross has an effect on net, but much of net is based on intangibles like carrier access, access to your upline, product selection, proper selection of market, message, and medium, etc, that has the largest impact on net.

A guy who makes 3 sales on 20 leads at street levels, still won't make as much (and learn as quickly) as the guy who makes 4 sales on a sub-street contract, because he recognizes that he doesn't know what he doesn't know.

With all that said, the neophyte should never be stuck at sub-street contracts permanently, and should have quota goals set in place to be able to "graduate" to a street level contract, based on results.

Ultimately, I have worked with dozens of agents over the past year and still cannot tell from my first interactions with them, whether or not they are cut out for success in the final expense business.

What I do know that non-recruiting agents have no personal experience with is that protecting yourself, not comp levels, comes first, and having hefty overrides is the cost of doing business with the leagues of agents who eventually leave after the first year, some who will leave you to pay their debts.

Unfortunately, the successful subsidize to some degree the unsuccessful. Welcome to America.

At the end of the day, it's a Free Country, Man, and I only work with agents who "get it," that they have to pay their dues. The cost of admission working with me is lower initial gross, but hopefully a higher net (which is what really counts), and faster learning curve to get you acclimated so you DO NOT need the comp cut in the long run.

You are worth what the market will bear…not a point more, or less. In my previous life I was a corporate Human Resources guy. Back in the late 90’s and early 2000 the economy was booming. You couldn’t hire people fast enough. Those with a half decent resume would get top dollar pay with all sorts of sign-on incentives. Certainly not the case now.

The baby boomers are creating a huge boom in the senior market, be it FE or Medicare. There are not enough agents to capture these sales. The shortage of agents is creating the commission levels to be offered at the higher mark, even without proof of production as a way to entice you to get in the market. While logically it makes sense to offer lower comp in exchange for solid training that gives the agent a better chance for success, one would need to have a progression plan to move the agent up quickly in comp or you will lose him to the competition.

The conversation has thusly been about Gross, when it should bet about Net. Sure, gross has an effect on net, but much of net is based on intangibles like carrier access, access to your upline, product selection, proper selection of market, message, and medium, etc, that has the largest impact on net. A guy who makes 3 sales on 20 leads at street levels, still won't make as much (and learn as quickly) as the guy who makes 4 sales on a sub-street contract, because he recognizes that he doesn't know what he doesn't know. With all that said, the neophyte should never be stuck at sub-street contracts permanently, and should have quota goals set in place to be able to "graduate" to a street level contract, based on results. Ultimately, I have worked with dozens of agents over the past year and still cannot tell from my first interactions with them, whether or not they are cut out for success in the final expense business. What I do know that non-recruiting agents have no personal experience with is that protecting yourself, not comp levels, comes first, and having hefty overrides is the cost of doing business with the leagues of agents who eventually leave after the first year, some who will leave you to pay their debts. Unfortunately, the successful subsidize to some degree the unsuccessful. Welcome to America. At the end of the day, it's a Free Country, Man, and I only work with agents who "get it," that they have to pay their dues. The cost of admission working with me is lower initial gross, but hopefully a higher net (which is what really counts), and faster learning curve to get you acclimated so you DO NOT need the comp cut in the long run.

Dave, what you do is good because you don't put anyone in a lower contract out of ignorance. You give them the option of lower contracts in the beginning in exchange for much of your time. They get to choose. That's as fair as it gets.

Some guys like to have their lady needin glasses so they can tell them how great they got it... others give em glasses and show them how great it is! Pops instilled that one in me...Just sayin

Some guys like to have their lady needin glasses so they can tell them how great they got it... others give em glasses and show them how great it is! Pops instilled that one in me...Just sayin

I prefer to give them beer goggles, then when they wake up in the morning to their surprise I still looked awesome:yes:

Latest posts

Back