IMO Vs FMO Vs MGA Vs GA

Discussion in 'Getting Started Selling Insurance' started by lleaoclark, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Lyn

Lyn Super Genius

State:
    Arkansas

Thank you for asking this question. You're right they don't teach that in the classes.

2. thall

thall Guru

State:
    Georgia
    You need to take a few min. to look at what agents really think about Amerilife on this forum. You want be around very long.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    What I'm saying is you want be around this forum very long. Sounds like you were made for Amerilife.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  3. COInsguy

COInsguy Guru

State:
    Colorado

hand out fmo huh? Amerilife huh? The origninal o.p.is a brand new agent looking for an agency she can grow with get training and support now and be able to move up in contracts as her experience grows. Something a lot of agents on hre could learn a lot from.

4. TWAgent

TWAgent Expert

Thanks for asking that question! I had the same question and just found this thread. Great question and it was not a stupid question. :)

5. Neutrina

Neutrina Expert

State:
    Texas
    I needed a little clearing up in that area FMO/IMO as well. Thanks for posting.

6. ktchester

ktchester Expert

State:
    Texas
    Thanks for clarifying the abbreviations. They do not explain all of this in the exam manual. It seems after you get a license and think you are ready to sell to the world you learn how much you really don't know. I was thinking there needs to be another class after passing the exam.

7. securelifeplan

securelifeplan New Member

Hello and Boa Noche, I think I said it right, can any of you GuRu's recommend a trust worthy FMO with terms and conditions(commissions) that I can trust? If you cannot say it online I would be grateful if you would just Email me direct.
    [email protected]

Thanks for your time.:no:

8. Jerard

Jerard Guru

State:
    Florida
    Moving away soas to not get trampled on......

9. paul43

paul43 Expert

State:
    Florida
    You are a captive with Amerilife-I had a friend who had to go to the State Insurance Commission to get Amerilife to release him. I and two other agents walked out before we signed up after listening to the General Manger berate his secretary unmercifully in front of the whole group.

10. Mrs.A.Mann

Mrs.A.Mann Expert

I'll second that...
    1st rule.. Do one thing and do it well. I have several FMO's because not a single one offers it all.