In office med supp/ma sales

jasperjohns

Super Genius
Florida
My Annuity FMO just recently started offering med supp as a additional line. They are saying that we should be able to get prospects in the office for sales. Not current clients new prospects whether it is off of leads or T65 lists. Wondering how realistic this is from experienced med supp/ ma agents.

I do probably 75% of appointments for new business (mostly turning 65 or retiring post 65) in my office. I've had people drive from 40-60 miles to meet but I'll say the further they are from me the lower the %.

You just make it an assumptive position that they are coming in. As my brother says, there's value in knowing where your insurance broker likes because if anything goes wrong, you Cam come back and wring his/my neck to fix it.

Imagine how different Bankers life's sales pitches would be!!

I do probably 75% of appointments for new business (mostly turning 65 or retiring post 65) in my office. I've had people drive from 40-60 miles to meet but I'll say the further they are from me the lower the %.

You just make it an assumptive position that they are coming in. As my brother says, there's value in knowing where your insurance broker likes because if anything goes wrong, you Cam come back and wring his/my neck to fix it.

Imagine how different Bankers life's sales pitches would be!!
Kstein, thanks for the feedback. Are these clients from other lines (Annuity, life or investments) or are the appts off of leads?

Mostly referrals, organic online, and existing clients .Sprinkle of DM. I close about 95% of people i meet so we vet them well. I'd imagine some challenges if your marketing is bringing in a different clientele

...Imagine how different Bankers life's sales pitches would be!!

Ain't that the truth.
This topic is of definite interest to me because I just moved into my new office at the end of November and I'm getting folks to come in for f2f appointments. So far they've been coming in with no problem, up to 30 miles away thus far. They actually seem to prefer coming to an office, but really I guess it's what you make of it. I figure that any time I can replace a nasty cat pee home with my clean office, that's a win.

Ain't that the truth.
This topic is of definite interest to me because I just moved into my new office at the end of November and I'm getting folks to come in for f2f appointments. So far they've been coming in with no problem, up to 30 miles away thus far. They actually seem to prefer coming to an office, but really I guess it's what you make of it. I figure that any time I can replace a nasty cat pee home with my clean office, that's a win.
Fun2drum, are the appts being generated off of leads (T65 or 66+) or a list or something else? Thanks

Fun2drum, are the appts being generated off of leads (T65 or 66+) or a list or something else? Thanks

Nothing magical to report, and no lists as of this time. In November it was a combination of book of business contacts, referrals, and some leads from a carrier because it was AEP. Several appointments a day were coming in, and it was so easy. I went a couple of days a week to see the shut-ins and those a couple of counties away, but everyone else came in to my office. For January it's been slower with IEP's and SEP's left over from last year and some BOB referrals. I'm driving this morning to an appointment two hours away, but this will be the first one this year I'll have driven to.

If someone supplied me with an office, no strings attached, and it was convenient to home, I would probably have in-office appointments. Not having an office for 25 years makes it hard to re-adjust.

For me an office is an unnecessary expense.

When someone comes to you there is a high degree of control. They are on your turf. There is enough interest in your offer that they are willing to go to you vs the other way around.

It's not surprising that Karl closes 95% of those who come to the office. He works in a family agency with a 70 year history. Well established name with a lot of money to devote to advertising.

Not taking anything away from him, but that kind of arrangement can't be duplicated.

This business is much easier when folks come to you. Most of us have to work for years to gain that kind of name recognition and flow of leads.

If someone supplied me with an office, no strings attached, and it was convenient to home, I would probably have in-office appointments. Not having an office for 25 years makes it hard to re-adjust.

For me an office is an unnecessary expense.

When someone comes to you there is a high degree of control. They are on your turf. There is enough interest in your offer that they are willing to go to you vs the other way around.

It's not surprising that Karl closes 95% of those who come to the office. He works in a family agency with a 70 year history. Well established name with a lot of money to devote to advertising.

Not taking anything away from him, but that kind of arrangement can't be duplicated.

This business is much easier when folks come to you. Most of us have to work for years to gain that kind of name recognition and flow of leads.
Thanks for the feedback Somarco. Ultimately I'm trying to gauge how realistic it would be to call direct mail leads and expect them to come to my office. I have a office for my annuity and AUM business. My annuity FMO has told me med supp leads will come in for appts and I have a hard time believing that so thought I would ask veteran med supp/ma producers how realistic that is.

Back