In-Person vs. Over-the-Phone Sales

Who else agrees that in-home appointments result in a higher closing rate? My reasoning for this is that you eliminate the risk of the prospect not answering the phone or hanging up on you. Yes, there's a possibility that the prospect could hide behind their couch when you arrive, but that's much less likely than them not answering the phone.

Who else agrees that in-home appointments result in a higher closing rate? My reasoning for this is that you eliminate the risk of the prospect not answering the phone or hanging up on you. Yes, there's a possibility that the prospect could hide behind their couch when you arrive, but that's much less likely than them not answering the phone.

I don't know about higher closing ratio.

The vast majority of my business has been by phone for years.
However, I will drive to do F2F if there are going to be multiple apps. And F2F is generally going to result in higher premiums, for me. Also easier to establish a relationship.

Unfortunately I have a face made for phone sales.

Who else agrees that in-home appointments result in a higher closing rate?

Literally who cares?

@somarco is in a different product. Medicare is exponentially easier to close, but harder to prospect for (more competition.)

If you want to do f2f, do it. If you want to do phone, do it. It's your business.. CONGRATS! You get to make those decisions for yourself.

100% phone sales . . . over 90% closing ratio of qualified prospects . . . and over 95% retention

I'll start by saying I'm not a phone guy. At best I might be very week at it.

However; I see the importance of someone being well versed in both. The world is moving in directions I never dreamed and fast. I think a person would be wise to have a level of competence in both.

Now that the disclaimer is over; I believe that there is a nuance that takes place in a F2F situation that is both beneficial for the client as well as the agent. The high level of human to human interaction in a F2F heightens the mental involvement as well as brings a more satisfying close to the sale for both. There is an emotional component that will never be replicated over the phone for client or agent.

And the smells... oh, don't for get the smells! :twitchy:

It seems to me that if you drive to an appointment because you're trying to keep them from hanging up on you, then you're really wasting your time.

I think when I was in high school, I may have used that technique to get a date or something like that, and it does work sometimes, but I wouldn't want to base my business on trying to trick them into seeing me.

It seems to me that if you drive to an appointment because you're trying to keep them from hanging up on you, then you're really wasting your time.

I think when I was in high school, I may have used that technique to get a date or something like that, and it does work sometimes, but I wouldn't want to base my business on trying to trick them into seeing me.

trophy.jpg

Back