In-Person vs. Over-the-Phone Sales

What is your deal? You prefer in home. That should be enough. You're not actively offering anything of value.

What's the point?

This

@insurancebroker99 said:

It really is that simple there are plus and minus both ways

I would agree you could probably close more in-person % wise but you will only be able to see so many people

I like being able to take calls and have access to everything at my fingertips for customer service or if a lead calls back with who are you why did you call I can pull them right up

I can pull up quotes very quickly if a lead is trying to find an excuse to get of the phone I can hold their attention

There are things that suit me and the way I do buis

Another agent I know talks about being able to read body language and gauging the client being face to face and other things

You need to play your strengths and your comfort zone

bill3173, I don't know if you're using this forum as a platform to boost your ego by putting others down, but you obviously either didn't read my question properly or purposely distorted what I said to make a point. I highly doubt you would have the courage to say that to anybody in person. This shows a high level of immaturity, but then again, with your high school reference, maybe you're still in high school. I clearly said that these were "in-home appointments," not random door knocks. I did not nor ever will "trick" a client. Now, I can agree to some extent that you do risk wasting your time for about 1% of the in-home appointments that still no-show, but the risk of them not asking the phone is higher. This level of immaturity deserves no place in the insurance industry. I don't care how good you claim to be at sales.

Courage to say that? You being offended says more about your maturity than mine. Yes, if anyone asked, I would have phrased it the same way, in person, to another professional, that in kind would have taken the remark in the proper spirit.

Your unprovoked, baseless response to me is what should be reported. The board has gotten rid of a lot of people, thankfully, over the years that have consistently made unnecessarily caustic remarks. You may want to join that tribe.

bill3173, I don't know if you're using this forum as a platform to boost your ego by putting others down, but you obviously either didn't read my question properly or purposely distorted what I said to make a point. I highly doubt you would have the courage to say that to anybody in person. This shows a high level of immaturity, but then again, with your high school reference, maybe you're still in high school. I clearly said that these were "in-home appointments," not random door knocks. I did not nor ever will "trick" a client. Now, I can agree to some extent that you do risk wasting your time for about 1% of the in-home appointments that still no-show, but the risk of them not asking the phone is higher. This level of immaturity deserves no place in the insurance industry. I don't care how good you claim to be at sales.

unless he edited his comment to you, you are off the rails. his response never said you did any of these crimes against humanity you mention above. He literally just answered the question

His criticism against me was based on the false premise that I was door knocking, which I clearly indicated that these were I-home appointments. He did not answer the question because his answer was based on a false presumption.

you realize that when he used the word you in his response, he didnt literally mean you. just like when your original post used the word you, you didnt mean him. you(I mean you this time) and he(offensive man) were using the word you figuratively.

now reach back & get your undies all un-bunched & un-jammed in your butt-crack

Allen, I won't regress down the elementary school-level criticisms,

obviously, you cant regress to that level when you literally were already at that level when you criticized him.

Unless you two have some ongoing feud that I am unaware of, I dont see where he criticized you. he merely gave his opinion on the topic. you are the one that went from 0 to 100 with the criticism. in 1 response you criticized him by sayhig he had an ego, was putting others down, distorted facts, lacks courage, is immature and he has no place in the insurance industry with his immaturity.

I will give up all of my advanced educations, college degrees & insurance designations/licenses in exchange for a GED all day long. My education, credentials and wealth are not worth anything compared to a hard fought GED of an admirable human being with a selfless personality

obviously, you cant regress to that level when you literally were already at that level when you criticized him.

Unless you two have some ongoing feud that I am unaware of, I dont see where he criticized you. he merely gave his opinion on the topic. you are the one that went from 0 to 100 with the criticism. in 1 response you criticized him by sayhig he had an ego, was putting others down, distorted facts, lacks courage, is immature and he has no place in the insurance industry with his immaturity.

I will give up all of my advanced educations, college degrees & insurance designations/licenses in exchange for a GED all day long. My education, credentials and wealth are not worth anything compared to a hard fought GED of an admirable human being with a selfless personality

I just read through again And I don't see it either

But then again I don't understand why people respond without including the post they are responding too

often makes threads confusing

I'm guessing that you got a lot of wedgies in high school. :laugh:

apparently those wedgies were from a bully name GED who was a poor mountaineer, who barely kept his family fed. But then one day GED was shootin at some food,
and up through the ground come a bubblin crude. GED became a filthy rich oil tycoon. The end

Latest posts

Back