Incentive Trips

Aetna's Budapest trip was amazing. Every day filled with great excursions, dinners in the city's best restaurants, lodging at the Four Seasons hotel on the banks of the Danube. Can hardly wait to see how they top it in Barcelona next year.

Sent from my iPad using InsForums

The company trip is reported to the IRS on your taxes

If you go on your own family trip you dont have to report it to the IRS....

Besides, why would you want to hang out with insurance people on vacation...

Then why would you want to hang out with them daily on the forum?

All trips are not reported on the 1099. I've been on 4 over the last 5 or 6 years and none were 1099'ed, {for lack of a better term}.

I did have one about 8 years ago that was.

The company trip is reported to the IRS on your taxes

If you go on your own family trip you dont have to report it to the IRS....

Besides, why would you want to hang out with insurance people on vacation...

Very good honest answer.

I am currently on an incentive trip. No company qualification, nice dinner, drinks and personal table show. Paid by one of the better IMOs. Met a real diverse group of characters, ah I mean, agents.

The best incentive trips are the ones you can pay for yourself. OK, maybe not the best. Been on so great trips. But making enough money to take your family on a trip where and when you want is a better incentive to work those leads. IMHO.

Lee

ps... Thanks Todd

Worrying about incentive trips is for Career Agents and pharmaceutical reps.

If your indy, find the best product for the client. Do a good job. And dont stop prospecting.

If you can set 2 appointments every day for sometime in the future; you will be able to take your own incentive trips to wherever you want.

Now if your market just happens to fit well with a certain company, and you happen to qualify for that carriers trip. Then all the better. Often agents have a core 4 or 5 carriers that most of their business goes through. Some qualify for trips, some dont. To most it isnt a priority.

But to push a certain company for the sole purpose of qualifying for a trip is unethical imo. But that is exactly why the carriers do the trips. To encourage agents to pimp their products.

Do the right thing for the client, and the right thing for you will follow.

As a new agent, your sole focus should be 2 appointments per day for some time in the future.

Very good honest answer.

I am currently on an incentive trip. No company qualification, nice dinner, drinks and personal table show. Paid by one of the better IMOs. Met a real diverse group of characters, ah I mean, agents.

Lee

ps... Thanks Todd

Nothing to add except this was an excellent trip with an excellent group. I picked a good group to learn from.

Ditto... "thanks Todd"

Signed,
Diverse character #2

Well if anything, you boys will be talking about that gingerkat gal from Los Angeles for a long time, won't ya? Seriously though, you guys are pretty awesome and I'm glad to have met everyone.

derailment over

Well if anything, you boys will be talking about that gingerkat gal from Los Angeles for a long time, won't ya? Seriously though, you guys are pretty awesome and I'm glad to have met everyone.

derailment over

There was a great diverse group, FE, Health, Life, medsupp, MA, Ci and some. You have some great resources to tap.

You were a kick. Good meeting you also.

Lee

Lots of good advice there. Who's the new agent?

Sorry. Just assumed. It is usually a newbie question.

The trips can be good for your business sometimes. You get to meet lots of different producers from all over the country. They have some key speakers, some will be better than others. But usually you can find something to help better your practice.

Back