Independent wanting answers for agency

At that point you can talk to various IMO's to determine which will provide the contracts, comm. levels, support and training you feel you need.

I guess in the fifteen years I have been selling insurance I must have not contacted the right IMO's FMO's or worked with the right insurance company.

I have found "training" in this business to be non existent. "Training" is a "fig newton" of an agents imagination. It is usually touted by insurance agencies who are masters at blowing smoke up a new agent's ass.

If you can't "Train" yourself then you best be looking at another profession. What little "training" I have seen offered most often isn't worth an agents time.

Some of the best training you can get will be from other members of this forum.

As far as support is concerned, just having a real person answer the phone is most marketing companies idea of "support".

Check out Goosehead Insurance based out of Irving, TX. They offer franchises for independent agents. They service your entire book, so you can build a much larger agency. They work with all the top rated carriers, and will cover you accounting needs as well. It is a great model - and an incredible opportunity for experienced agents looking to go independent.
------------------------------------
Megan Bailey
Goosehead Insurance
949-338-4185
[email protected]

Back