Independent with Medicare partnership.

aaAgentOrange

Hey guys,

New poster, but have lurking here for a while. I have been a captive agent nearly 9 years. I enjoy my company and finally feel comfortable where I am with book size and growth. I have been approached by another captive agent who has 2 friends in the medicare world. They are very successful and have big goals for the future & growth of their company and they are proven. They want to start a P&C company to add value to their clients. They would like me and the other captive agent to lead the charge as they don’t really have P&C experience. They have proposed a split of 30% each for us (captive agents going independent) and 20% each for them of the business partnership. I have no doubt that they will provide serious value through consistent lead generation and an established business name. But is it worth the split? Us two captive agents will be walking into a new world of insurance operations and interaction between numerous companies. I know the first year will be like drinking out of a fire hydrant. I feel like I’d rather do that on my own or with ONE partner, not 3. 2 of which not grinding through the quoting, issuing, servicing of the clients. The plan would be to sign up through PIIB and pay the higher fee to have our own subcode. I guess I just want to hear it from you guys to make sure I’m not overlooking the value that they bring. Their current medicare book is around 6,000 clients, planning for another 2,000 by year end. Super good guys and I know they’ll succeed one way or another with or without me.
Thanks!

Back