Individual Health Closing Techniques??

A lot of this can be solved during qualification. First, I go over the process:

"....and once you choose a plan I can get the application submitted. Approvals typically take a few days then you'll receive your cards and policy."

Another is "once you choose a plan, when do you need it to start?"

When you start doing a strong qualification you'll pull the shoppers out of the weeds. Most will make statement like:

"well, we'll need a few other quotes before we make our decision" or "we'll need to review the material first before we know when we need it to start."

Some are very honest "right now we're just shopping around."

That's all fine and I'm not saying not to give a very strong presentation after they make such statement, but as least you know what you have and there's no surprises.

I went on an appointment today, husband and wife both in their 40's, no kids and no coverage. Showed them a few plans, then the husband mistakely thinks I'm selling siding or something, starts giving me reasons why he shouldn't sign up. I literally didn't say a word. When he was done I put my materials back in my briefcase, stood up and reached out to shake his hand. He was stunned. I said "I'm sorry but I'm not here to talk you into health insurance. I'm only here to have you choose a plan." He asked me for a card. I said "Who are we kidding" and walked out. No, I didn't give him a card. Par for the course, I also did just over $8,000 in AV today anyway.

BAAHAHAHAHAHAA!!! I cant believe I missed this story! That is CLASSIC!!!!

:laugh:

Back