Insurance Examiner Almost Caused Woman's Death

Re: Life Insurance Almost Caused Woman's Death

Did you know they for years physician were not taught on how to give an injection. They read about it and they knew in theory how to do it, but they never gave an injection in medical school. A drug company realized that patients were dieing from injections. So they when to the medical schools add asked if they were actually showing how to give an injection. The medical schools said no because it was such a simple thing that they must be learning it when they are grainy in the hospitals. So the drug company went to the hospitals and asked if they were training the doctors on how too give an injection. The hospitals said no because it was such a simple thing that they must be learning it in medical school. The fact was no one was showing a medical student on how to give an injection. So they ask the doctors how did they know how to give an injection. They said the text book states to give an injection on the right side of the buttocks. So some of the doctors were just going an inch or so to the right center and giving the injection. Sometimes the spine was hit by accident which caused a serious injury. Over 50,000 people were injured or paralyzed because of this. This happened around 1960. Physicians were then called to be trained on how to give an injection. Few people know this and few people now do not realize the Life Insurance Medical Examiners in most situations are not required to be certified.

Did you know they for years physician were not taught on how to give an injection. They read about it and they knew in theory how to do it, but they never gave an injection in medical school. A drug company realized that patients were dieing from injections. So they when to the medical schools add asked if they were actually showing how to give an injection. The medical schools said no because it was such a simple thing that they must be learning it when they are grainy in the hospitals. So the drug company went to the hospitals and asked if they were training the doctors on how too give an injection. The hospitals said no because it was such a simple thing that they must be learning it in medical school. The fact was no one was showing a medical student on how to give an injection. So they ask the doctors how did they know how to give an injection. They said the text book states to give an injection on the right side of the buttocks. So some of the doctors were just going an inch or so to the right center and giving the injection. Sometimes the spine was hit by accident which caused a serious injury. Over 50,000 people were injured or paralyzed because of this. This happened around 1960. Physicians were then called to be trained on how to give an injection. Few people know this and few people now do not realize the Life Insurance Medical Examiners in most situations are not required to be certified.

Are we talking about injections with a syringe or are we talking about a blood draw with a fixed needle?

BTW, you asked me about my experience, What do you do?

Thanks,

Lee

Well my chance to brag. My son is a doctor and I call shenanigans.

They practiced a hell of a lot on each other with saline. All the fun places. Very early on in med school. \

Did your lawyer friend represent this woman who almost lost the use of her arm from a blood draw? ;)

I have had a pneumonia shot in my arm that five hours later hurt so bad I couldn't raise it for a couple days. Googled the info and found that is fairly normal for some people and that 10 days is when you call the doctor. By the end of the third day I could touch the top of my head again. Maybe I should have sued?

I just want to hear how an injection in the buttocks could ever hit the spine. This should really be fascinating.

The exam companies around here use nurses as examiners. They would certainly be qualified to do a blood draw.

Are we talking about injections with a syringe or are we talking about a blood draw with a fixed needle?

BTW, you asked me about my experience, What do you do?

Thanks,

Lee

I am retired, I have not worked in years.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I just want to hear how an injection in the buttocks could ever hit the spine. This should really be fascinating.

They were injecting into the top right quadrant of the buttocks at an angle and too deep.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The exam companies around here use nurses as examiners. They would certainly be qualified to do a blood draw.

There are only a very small percentage that are nurses.

Last edited:
Back