Insurance Examiner Almost Caused Woman's Death

Re: Life Insurance Almost Caused Woman's Death

What is your solution?

Lee

They are not certified usually nor are they nurses usually. I know this for a fact. Check it yourself, call the examiner and ask to see their certification certificate. If they have one they will be glad to provide it. To be honest when I worked for an insurance company we would ask to see a certification. I saw one expired certificate in 15 years. I was told to just turn a blind eye about it. I saw way more doctors than certificates for phlebotomy but many of these doctors were not licensed in the US. Most were Mexican and never were able to pass an exam in the US. Its complicated but that's the way it is. Don't say it's not true without knowing the facts. All these facts are easy to check yourself.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Ten or twenty years ago the pay examiners made attracted a more qualified individual. They are still making the same amount if not less after expenses than 15 years ago.
That is the difference between then and today, but you should know this.

They are not certified usually nor are they nurses usually. I know this for a fact. Check it yourself, call the examiner and ask to see their certification certificate. If they have one they will be glad to provide it. To be honest when I worked for an insurance company we would ask to see a certification. I saw one expired certificate in 15 years. I was told to just turn a blind eye about it. I saw way more doctors than certificates for phlebotomy but many of these doctors were not licensed in the US. Most were Mexican and never were able to pass an exam in the US. Its complicated but that's the way it is. Don't say it's not true without knowing the facts. All these facts are easy to check yourself.

I'm not the one making the claim. So again, prove it.

It is simple, exams should only be done a a physicians office or by a certified technician.

How about home care where blood needs to be drawn?

And of course, using an MD won't affect the cost of insurance, right?

Rick

I'm not the one making the claim. So again, prove it.

Call the exam service companies and ask to see the certifications for their exams yourself. I didn't post here to prove anything. I was stating that this is a serious problem that is not being addressed by most life insurance companies. Whether you believe it or not makes no difference to me.

How about home care where blood needs to be drawn?

And of course, using an MD won't affect the cost of insurance, right?

Rick

No because many physicians are now working on about $25. per person anyway which is what these examiners are paid before expenses. And the physician does not incur the driving expense. This is what my brothers insurance company is doing in Jan. All examiners must be physician to see clients in their office or certified by a third party. It's smart and easy and the physicians carry their own malpractice insurance anyway. It should of been this way for years.

Must be a real problem with so many cases popping up. Or perhaps there's a coverup and this really is an issue.

Rick

Check blood draw injuries under a google search. There are many injuries in the US. Many are caused by unqualified, not certified, technicians. Many insurance exam technicians work as insurance examiners because they could not pass the certification test and they know this is one ofthe few areas they can work in without certification. It has become a catch all for unqualified blood drawers.

First 13 points are about how dangerous it is to get blood drawn or shots.

I vote for pointless poster of the month!

He can pick up his prize on August 1. It's a free PSA blood draw.

Rick

Back