Insurance for Deviated Septum

arash12345

Hello, first of all thanks for your website, for me a guy who recently came to States, this websites was really helpful till now, I'm going to continue taking information out of it, meanwhile, I have a question to ask:

I had deviated septum since I was 15 or so, and recently it was really unbearable for me, I have problems breathing through my nose,and I wake up suddenly at night due to breathing problems! so I've decided to do a surgery on my nose to fix this problem...after I searched a little bit on different websites, I found out it costs sth like 4000 and in America and insurance will cover deviated septum (not beauty surgeries concerned to nose though)... I'm 20 and a student in college, I don't think my parents could afford it,so I'm looking for a way to get insurance to cover this...I don't know anything about insurance companies in here, I don't even know where to start...it would be great if someone share his/her knowledge with me...

when I get the insurance, can I proceed the surgery right away? and will insurance cover all of it?

help me, thanks

do your parents have health insurance? if so you should be on their policy. if that is not possible, check with the college health clinic, or a local health clinic. if you get a policy now they won't cover your problem. from 6-12 months. guys this is a young man, he came on polite, and asked for help... does anybody else have any other idea's. where in cal. are you.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
the clinic's should have charity care., to apply for

Last edited:
See if you meet the qualifications for the CA PCIP program:

http://www.davefluker.com/mrmip_pcip.html

Use the unified MRMIP/PCIP Handbook to check your qualifications:

http://www.davefluker.com/PCIP_MRMIB_Handbook2011.pdf

If you meet the qualifications for PCIP enrollment, use this form ( http://www.davefluker.com/MRMIP-Request_Anthem.pdf ) to generate a denial letter from Anthem Blue Cross - put on it "surgical candidate for deviated septum--requires immediate surgery" so that the underwriter will say "hell, no!" and deny you.

Once you get denial letter, send me a copy of the letter, along with the unified application, residency/legal CA status proof (it's in the handbook) and a check made out to MRMIB for the first month's PCIP premium (also in the book).

It has to be enrolled by the 10th of the month to start on the 1st of the following month. PCIP has no waiting periods for pre-existing conditions.

If you don't qualify for PCIP, see if you qualify for MRMIP and basically the same process. MRMIP however does have a 3-month pre-ex waiting period and may or may have a small waiting list.

Well . . . he is new to the states, so it is doubtful he has coverage under his parents plan, unless they came with him and have jobs here.

Student health plans are junk, have stringent p-x clauses, and did I mention they are junk?

thanks guys...I didn't know this forum is so active!
I'm living in Santa Monica without my parents,I have green card(eligibility for permanent residency in America) and I'm not gonna be a resident of CA till November 26(we have to live in CA for 1 year to be resident of CA),so I guess I can't apply for MRMIP/PCIP...but I can wait till then,if there is no other way...

Question:
1.If I meet the qualifications,what then?
2.How much do I have to pay for this insurance?(or the whole process if anyone can estimate)
3.If I get the insurance,how long do I have to wait for the surgery,and can I cancel the insurance after I've done the surgery?

(I don't know how the system works here,do I have to pay for insurance for a period of time and then request for a surgery,or do I have to pay back the money in payments or not...)

Last edited:
Back