Insurance-Forums App

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
I recently installed and configured the IF app on my Samsung. About the same time I noticed my battery life shortened and started tracking memory hogs. Deleted some apps I rarely use and then noticed I get a LOT of notifications from the forum.

I can't figure out how to limit notifications or set to manual only so I just deleted the app. Any other suggestions on installing and configuring the app in such a way as to minimize battery drain?

I recently installed and configured the IF app on my Samsung. About the same time I noticed my battery life shortened and started tracking memory hogs. Deleted some apps I rarely use and then noticed I get a LOT of notifications from the forum.

I can't figure out how to limit notifications or set to manual only so I just deleted the app. Any other suggestions on installing and configuring the app in such a way as to minimize battery drain?

Hey Bob,
I've used the app on my iPhone almost since it first came out. I do not get notified every time someone posts, only on the threads I monitor. I'm guessing that if you go to settings here on this site, not the mobile app, & change what is important to you, then you won't blow up your battery.

The only thing I wish is that the App mirrored the way the Forum works on my computer. I found it harder at first to find things I liked to follow on the App vs. the computer version. Of course, the computer version changed on us not long ago too & that took some getting used to. Maybe it is a "hard to teach an old dog new tricks" type of thing in my case?:(

But I now like the App version quite well. It just took a while to get used to it. Because working on a 2 x 4 inch screen is harder for me to type with, I hardly ever post from my iPhone, I just use it to read when I'm on the road:idea:

Hi Bob. Thx for the comment. I think I have posted once from my phone. My stubby fingers are too fat for posting here by phone.

Guess I subscribe to too many threads. Turning off the notifications would allow me to be an insurance forum voyeur on my phone without eating up battery time.

Back