Internet Lead Process/Script

Ok, great. Let me do some shopping around for you, based on the information I got. I may need to call you back. I'll try you back twice. If I don't get an answer, than I'll assume you either found someone else to get you what you needed, or else you were just BS'n me.

So you're going to do work, and waste your time by running quotes without the client even on the phone?

I can't agree with that.

You can only sell when you have a client on the phone.
And this is how you'd like to be spoken to?

than I'll assume you either found someone else to get you what you needed, or else you were just BS'n me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tend to take the "talk to them as I'd want to be talked to" approach

This is the adult way of doing business. Friendly, conversational, non-threatening.

And most importantly . . . it suits your personality which allows you to be more effective.

Good for you.

I think the point is there are things to say and things not to say. You can lose a deal that otherwise would have been yours.

If sales training is not required and it was simply a matter of matching the correct plan then all agents buying leads would do well - 95% would make it.

However, we all know the failure rate - and these are agents blowing through 50, 80, 100 leads, getting a hold of many people and closing - in many cases - no deals.

It is not because they don't know the plans and it's not due to a lack of effort. In a lot of cases these agents are actually working harder.

Bob, you get all worked up for nothing on simple sales lingo. You are hard pressed to find agents who treat clients better than me but yes, I "close deals."

There's no correlation between my euphemisms and ethics.

While I have never - nor will I ever - paid for a lead, I have gotten some for free, as part of a promotion from a company.

I tend to take the "talk to them as I'd want to be talked to" approach.

This is Bob Levine. I'm an insurance agent in Atlanta, Ga. I just received a (card/notification) with your name and number on it, for a quote for health insurance. Before I went any further, I just wanted to call and verify that it was you who sent the information.

The information I got was...(repeat all the height/weight/sex/address/name info). Is that all correct?

If no, then...

Excuse the ring. If I were you, I'd contact your internet provider. Someone's using your identity on the internet.

If yes, then...

Ok, then. Listen, if you haven't already, you're about to get a deluge of phone calls from insurance agents left and right. We're all going to sound alike, and ask you the same questions. If you're just looking to get the cheapest rate, I'm not going to waste your time or mine. That's not how I operate. I'll let another agent do that.

If, however, you want someone to actually put together a plan that works best for you, then I'll stay in touch. Which way do you want to go with it?

If they're just kicking tires...

Ok, then. Good luck to you. You won't hear from me again.

If they want a plan design...

Ok, great. Let me do some shopping around for you, based on the information I got. I may need to call you back. I'll try you back twice. If I don't get an answer, than I'll assume you either found someone else to get you what you needed, or else you were just BS'n me.

My number is 404-551-5339. Please do me the courtesy of calling me, if you've found something before I call back. Like you, I'm not going to work with someone who doesn't want to work with me.

Fair enough? Ok. Expect to hear from me within 48 hours with an update.

Because leads are not relationship builders, at this point, I don't want them doing all the talking. It's a waste of my time. I want to lay down the law as to how I operate. If they just want the cheapest rate, I'll pass them by and call back in 9 months.

Its people like yourself that ruin this buisness, I guarantee If had some Clown talking to me like that on the phone, I would introduce you to MR. Click. Complete Garbage Sales techniques. No wonder Bob has no competition in Georgia, If you really do this, and act like this, You really need a grip. Complete Garbage.

Last edited:
Here's the difference, Somarco, John, Moonlight and myself (and others I may have forgot to add) are what I consider:

Sales Professionals

Not salesman.

And you can tell the difference by our approach even though we agree to disagree. We still have the customer service mentality.

Salesman has become a derogatory term for those that go after the cash, have limited skills and don't care about the clients. A snake oil salesman, used car salesman a stock broker from boiler room.

My Father was a sales professional, he taught me that if you take care of the client and worry about making them happy, then the money will take care of itself and you don't ever have to worry about it.

PS: A room of us sales professionals together, now that'd be some agency to contend with!
:noteworthy:

Back