Iowa and Nebraska Shut Down CoOportunity...UGG

Iowa erases the Co-Opportunity Commissions and then "encourages" agents to move the clients to "a different company", LOL... There's only one left in Iowa!
Ref: Iowa advises insurance brokers to move CoOportunity clients
Technically there's also a couple regionals not offered statewide. Only offered in a few counties, so nearly everyone is moving to Coventry. But coupled with Aetna taking over(and Coventry was great to work with here for me before Aetna), Coventry service levels are nearly non-existent. Long, long hold times, processing delays, etc. It sucks.

Technically there's also a couple regionals not offered statewide. Only offered in a few counties, so nearly everyone is moving to Coventry. But coupled with Aetna taking over(and Coventry was great to work with here for me before Aetna), Coventry service levels are nearly non-existent. Long, long hold times, processing delays, etc. It sucks.

Anyone have any insight on why Wellpoint isn't playing?

Anyone have any insight on why Wellpoint isn't playing?
We have Wellmark BC/BS-Iowa and So Dak. At an agents meeting a couple years ago before all this started, the gist I got was that they were going to let other carriers be the guinea pig for the on exchange business. They expected the proverbial fan to be hit and didn't want to be blamed. At that time they said they also expected to get into the on exchange market for 2015. Didn't happen. Now it's down to only one player. Wellmark has been the big dog for years in Iowa and they feel they're doing just fine without the exchange business.

Wellmark is brillent not to get into the exchanges yet....BCBS is the main CHIP carrier for the Iowa Hawkeyes plan. With iowa expanding Medicare and chip qualification up to 302% of poverty level.. Why should the carrier take on the risk of old sick people when it's getting all the young health kids anyway.

Does Coventry/Aetna actually have broker services people? I dialed 2 different numbers for them and both my work phone and cell phone have been on hold for 1 hr and 16 minutes so far. Does anyone know if the Coventry plans we write on the Marketplace should show up on the Aetna/Coventry website when I log in? Even the paper applications I have written don't show up on the website.

Does Coventry/Aetna actually have broker services people? I dialed 2 different numbers for them and both my work phone and cell phone have been on hold for 1 hr and 16 minutes so far. Does anyone know if the Coventry plans we write on the Marketplace should show up on the Aetna/Coventry website when I log in? Even the paper applications I have written don't show up on the website.

I've been on hold with Aetna for 92 minutes already. FML. Also, the marketplace plans don't show up on the website. Why? Who knows.

----------

Just got through after 114 minutes. They told me the average hold time is two hours. Thanks Aetna.

Back