Is Now a Good A Time to Sell Annuities?

With how great the economy is going I would say yes. Annuities & IUL. But I wouldn't try to sell them to low income seniors...

FIA's are easier to sell in a down or volatile market than an up, even with improved caps and spreads. It's mostly guarantees that separate it from other investment vehicles.

The spike in rates should be good for straight fixed though, depending on it's separation from it's main competitor, cds, though.

FIA's are easier to sell in a down or volatile market than an up, even with improved caps and spreads. It's mostly guarantees that separate it from other investment vehicles.

The spike in rates should be good for straight fixed though, depending on it's separation from it's main competitor, cds, though.
That is true that it's easier to get roll overs during down markets but the negitive to it is they've already lost a lot of their money during those times too. I guess there's positives & negatives to everything.

My thinking right now is that since the economy is up, people have more money to roll over into annuities & more income to put into IULs. A buddy of mine is doing very well right now with both.

But I'm no expert so if anyone else has more expertise then feel free to chime in!

Back