Is Quotit a Good Choice Compared to Norvax?

Does Insurint have a consumer portal? Does it still give you time to smoke a cigarette (if you smoke) before the rates show up?

They have it set up to webconference now, I've never used the feature so I don't know if/how well it works. It takes on average 10 seconds for it to pull all the quote data from BCBST, Humana, Aetna, and Assurant, and you can have your lead vendor health leads autoload in its CRM, similar to norvax, which again I don't use that feature so I don't know how well it works. The downside to insurint as far as I can tell is it is missing some plan options, and carriers, like it dosen't quote world at all, and no telling how long till they update it for BCBST's new replacement product line that came out this week. Seems like norvax updates their servers faster, but the whole accuracy thing was really really aggervating me. I had to double check every world quote that I generated off HCO this weekend and half of them were wrong.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
And yes on the consumer portal, but I believe you have to pay 65 dollars a month instead of 45 or 49 for non Ihiaa to have the consumer portal part.

Last edited:
Started with Norvax in 2007 and fulfilled my year contract. Hated that their system was very slow and error'd out on me all the time. Also - you send a quote to a client and after about a week it would say they needed to update their quote as the system would not automatically update itself. My BIGGEST problem was the reporting feature (lack there-of). I needed to run reports to show lead sources, the notes field, etc for commission splits and to show to the boss man. Norvax couldn't do any of it. You get a name and a status basically but nothing anywhere close to a CRM.

Moved to Quotit for 2008 and 2009. I absolutely LOVE the ability to have multiple repor formats to send to your clients. Some can handle the HTML emails while others can only understand/get pdfs. Their reporting tools are much better than Norvax as well. On the downside, they updated slower than Norvax in my opinion.

I'm in a tough dilema now as I currently have gotten a Norvax subscription again due to some UHC promotions we have. I love the many updates to Norvax with the beta U/W items you can do, desktop sharing, cheaper to run multiple states, etc. But in TX (my state) they don't show our Risk Pool which bugs the hell out of me and Quotit does.

Both definitely have good features the other does not as well as some shortcomings. I could never run eHealthInsurance quotes since it doesn't give me (the agent) access to update quotes on the fly and track app status, etc. But I also did 160 policies last year and probably ran twice or triple that in quotes.

Last piece of advice - I have to be able to report on clients leads. I've gone so far that I have a salesforce account to add my leads and programmed a button that automatically brings up my plan selection page with Quotit so that I only enter my clients once and then pick plans and email them. The client is in salesforce with unlimited reporting and notes, and also gets added to Quotit should I need to adjust a quote on the fly. Quotit no longer supports the feature that I 'hacked' to get the coding, but they still help me out when an update messes things up. Norvax flat out has a KB article on how to setup an HTTP Post to do this exact same thing in their system. So seems to me like Norvax would have the advantage here.

So for me, I'm still using Quotit 95% of the time and Norvax for other states. If Norvax would add our TX Risk Pool I think I might move over there exclusively.

I strongly disagree with show risk pool plans. I am not about to work for the $50 they eventually pay out.

The application is extremely long and the liability out weighs the benefit. I would rather they deal with the pool direct for assistance.

Agents are not trained on the plans or process. It is a recipe for disaster.

I understand the willingness to help and that's great. I'm with you on that. I don't want to show risk pool any more than showing chips or Medicaid.

I respect where you're coming from, but I work for a group benefits agency handling all our individual health plans. So when you get a family of 4 and one needs the pool and the rest can get traditional coverage, I can't exactly tell that one that he/she is on their own.

Plus, our owner has a very old school mentality. You do whatever it takes to help someone out and in the end it pays off. I can say I do get referrals from my Risk Pool clients and sometimes I even get to pull them out of the pool.

There's definitely some learning with the pool, but to be honest the app is the easiest and shortest application out there compared to any other A rated character. You just have to make sure you complete everything and provide all the required documentation in order to avoid delays.

And you obviously know as well as I do that for those that are coming off COBRA and must go to the pool, if they deal directly with an agent we can send them into the pool without having them waste their time applying for 'substantially similar coverage' and getting a rejection to be eligible.

So it understandable where you're coming from, but for me - it just part of the job.

Ya know...EHealth wouldn't be a bad idea for quotes. Of course, the presentation may look a bit odd.

Maybe Quotit or that guy who has a plan for $49 per month might be the best options.

Insurint? I wonder if the have a basic plan?

Ya know, the funny thing about ehealth, have you ever noticed? They actually quote relatively FEW insurers!

It's like they have some kind of back office deal and only quote the plans paying the higher commission to them or something.

What a bunch of thugs. I can't believe they haven't been shut down yet.
:1baffled:

My contract is about to be renewed with Norvax. It's been OK for me but I don't like that you can't have ht-wt and underwriting info affect the rate quotes on the quoter. Or maybe I just don't know how.

I watched a seminar for Quotit and it looked better to me. I talked to John P and he likes Quotit but I wondered about anyone else.

How is Quotit working for you?

I like that it can have life and critical illness also but the companies look very limited.

How well does the built in screen share program with Quoteit work for you? Do you use it? John P was still using Mikogo instead. Is the included one just as good?

I don't care about responders and things like that at all. I don't buy internet leads. I just use it for selling people who call me from referals.

Stick with Norvax its a better platform, Come join my team and I will give it to you for free

It's like they have some kind of back office deal and only quote the plans paying the higher commission to them or something.

:1baffled:

Not exactly accurate....

They quote carriers like Cigna who are 20% across the board, and do not offer any agency over-rides to any GA, that I am aware of.

Very different from GR, which they probably have a 35-40% contract with, at least---lol.

Back