SBLI

I don’t know how fast they are growing. LS is a good comparison.

This was designed for phone sales. So no emphasis on brochures.

I agree that advancing on DE is bad business. I don’t like paid on approval either.

I was advanced with them. That’s how I found out. I never signed an advance agreement with them but they advanced me anyway.

It took a month and a dozen emails to get paid as earned.

But even as earned they pay on approval. Just one month. But they pay.

I’ve had drafting issues with them and I don’t have many policies with them. I’ve heard stories from others about draft issues.

As I understand they were allowing agents to correct and change drafts. But now require the client on the phone too.

I’m getting that second hand though.

Another issue, they don’t list that $3.95 month extra for DE anywhere on the policy.

I do like being able to print the policy right away.

I print in color. I bought some of those translucent plastic folders at Walmart to put them in

I’ll deliver the one I wrote today tomorrow.

“I only picked them up for DE and COPD combo after Trans blew up”

But they have a few other niches. They do some underwriting. I had one declined.

So the only reason to pick them up is for the DE and COPD situation?

If you give them 10 of those cases a year and no other apps is that ok ?

Do they scrutinize that biz like Trinity?

No idea. I would guess they do not. Trinity is the only company I have that mother hens the business.

What Jeff is saying is that if you stick the DE business on them it will likely lapse because they won't draft it properly.

So far so good. I like them. Once they open up the available draft dates and start mailing out policies they'll be everyone's number one fe carrier. Minus the agents who have KSKJ and may Cincy Life in their states.
Saved anyone the need to reply with their name !

So far so good. I like them. Once they open up the available draft dates and start mailing out policies they'll be everyone's number one fe carrier. Minus the agents who have KSKJ and may Cincy Life in their states.
Saved anyone the need to reply with their name !

Are they supposed to add draft dates and mail policies?

I hope so. I have clients who prefer other dates. Printing and then mailing out policies is not a long term sustainable activity for busy agents.

It's 2023 - no need to print and mail. Email it to them or their bene.

Back