Is Selling Insurance a Young Mans Game? (changing Careers)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Im 33 but I think I can have some grey highlights put in to give the older distinguished yet trusting look....lol

I started at age 32, 3 hours away, a culture world away and straight out of construction. In the middle of a divorce and sleeping on a friends couch. Zero warm market and driving a pick up.

You can do it.

Prime earning years for insurance agents are 38-60 for P&C and Group Life. Most clients tend to be in your peer group or within 10 years either way. Older life agents tend to do very well because they have spent a lifetime networking and many of their successful clients hit the estate planning phase of their lives when the jumbo policies are written. There is a place for agents in any age range but they do better in certain lines of business at different points in their career.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Prime earning years for insurance agents are 38-60 for P&C and Group Life. Most clients tend to be in your peer group or within 10 years either way. Older life agents tend to do very well because they have spent a lifetime networking and many of their successful clients hit the estate planning phase of their lives when the jumbo policies are written. There is a place for agents in any age range but they do better in certain lines of business at different points in their career.

Edit... I meant group health... Not group life.

Last edited:
Age is just a number. I have some ages that are in their well over 70 that are out doing what people half their age cant do.

It is all up to you and how bad you want it.

Definition of Old

You tell a friend that you are having an affair.

He asks, 'Are you having it catered'?

That, my friends, is the definition of OLD.

Rick

I started at age 29, two years out of the Marine Corps and two years in a new state where I had no business contacts, no family and few friends. Didn't think I was cut out for sales, but I had a work ethic going for me. Built my book of business in Group Health by 100% cold calling initially and then gradually transitioned to cold calling and referals. If I had done the same thing starting at age 49 (currently 52) I am sure I would have been just as successful. If you are willing to do what it takes, age won't stop you.

Insurance a young man's game?

Not for this "young man" anymore....docs got me on meds for being an internet psychos, can u believe it? lol

Definition of Old

You tell a friend that you are having an affair.

He asks, 'Are you having it catered'?

That, my friends, is the definition of OLD.

Rick
Sorry Green Sky but geting old is when you go out with a girl, & getting lucky means that you sold her a policy.

Back