Is Selling Stonebridge FE Same As Selling Transamerica or Monumental FE?

PA Bill

Guru
1000 Post Club
I got licensed with Stonebridge because my FMO told me it was the least expensive for the area I am selling in. My question concerns their FE product. At first glance it seems appealing. There is no PHI required and the comp (115% FYC) is as good as I can get at my level of production. Others have spoken well of Trans/ Monumental as a good all around company (not that any company is all things to all people). Would selling Stonebridge be the same in regards to underwriting, etc., just under a different label? I mean when they mailed the med sup policy, it was on Stonebridge paper but delivered in a Transamerica envelope.
This client questioned who Stonebridge was but seemed reassured when I explained the fact that they are a Transamerica company (I did explain that all plans are standardized and the only real difference between Med Sup companies is the premium, etc.) For what it is worth ( probably not much), they were on the wealthier side. The FE crowd does not seem to be as concerned as much with brand names, ratings, etc. I mean Senior Life sells a ton of FE. They don't have a big, well known brand and couldn't even be bothered with ratings.
The only qualm I had with them was they seemed a little disorganized getting the bank draft straightened out. The right hand did not seem to know what the left hand was doing when a client generated glitch arose (wasn't Stonebridge's fault initially). But I have to say they were very diligent and pleasant to deal with in getting things straightened out. And once it was, they paid me instantly, not making me wait until the next scheduled commission payout date. That was cool.
p.s. -I don't target wealthy folks as I generally find them a pain in the butt to deal with. Someone I know gave them my number and they were a pain in the butt! But hey, the customer is always right, correct? LOL

(115% FYC) is as good as I can get at my level of production.

Last time I check Monumental/Trans/Stone Does not have a required production level up to 125% more like what the upline feels you should get. Am I wrong? (because I could be)

Last time I check Monumental/Trans/Stone Does not have a required production level up to 125% more like what the upline feels you should get. Am I wrong? (because I could be)
Not sure. I got signed up with the FMO AmeriLife out of Clearwater, Fla. through the late Frank Stastny (who I found on this forum btw). This is the deal I have and is the most I have been offered to date. Thanks for the heads up that this may be possible. They are paying me 22% on the med sups which I feel is pretty strong.
Also, my contact Anthony down there seems good at his job and is really easy to do business with. Their FE offerings are somewhat limited (more med sup focused like Frank was), but for me that's ok as I like to keep it simple for myself and focus on a few companies if possible (can be hard to do in Med Sup business). Maybe in the future I will push for more when I have more leverage.

Last edited:
There are many on this forum, myself included, that would advise you run away from Amerilife as fast as you can. Read some of these postings.
I have been satisfied in my dealings with them so far, but thanks for the heads up- I'll check it out.

There are many on this forum, myself included, that would advise you run away from Amerilife as fast as you can. Read some of these postings.
I checked some of this out. Doesn't sound good. Would these issues such as renewals, releases, replacements, etc. affect me? I guess the releases could be a problem but as an independent, isn't my contract ( I am contracted as a corp.) with Stonebridge? Do they really have full time agents here in PA that will seek to cannibalize my FE and Med Sup business? I don't really sell MA plans. Not arguing with you, just wondering. Thanks.

Back