Is the grass greener?

I’ve never seen these setups last long term. The learning curve kills most momentum & once the first bit of service (and claims) start...they’re out.

Only way to make money in P&C is volume X time.

I went from captive producer to IA agency owner at age 26. The grass was golder & I’m now 33 and rich

I’ve never seen these setups last long term. The learning curve kills most momentum & once the first bit of service (and claims) start...they’re out.

Only way to make money in P&C is volume X time.

I went from captive producer to IA agency owner at age 26. The grass was golder & I’m now 33 and rich

I was going to mention this as well. If you spent some time getting an established agency with good markets to write business then you could potentially hire producers to take care of that while you focus on health. In the off season go after bigger commercial accounts accounts and then refer all personal lines to producers. Obviously this will take some work but can absolutely be done! Any thoughts fro others?

Can you work form home and sell.?
Absolutely. As long as you either can get access to carriers or write through an agency. Most of my time as an agent is spent working from home. The main thing is to generate referral partners to send consistent business and prospect enough to get the business you need to make a living.

I was going to mention this as well. If you spent some time getting an established agency with good markets to write business then you could potentially hire producers to take care of that while you focus on health. In the off season go after bigger commercial accounts accounts and then refer all personal lines to producers. Obviously this will take some work but can absolutely be done! Any thoughts fro others?

That is something to consider for sure. I think for the most part I’m going to table this idea until around February so I can focus on what I’m doing now.

If you are in the voluntary benefits market, just about all of those products can be sold on an individual basis.. Know guys that make a good living selling cancer and accident only.. Have one friend that doesn't like calling on people in their homes so he goes business to business, especially those that will have only 1-3 people working and sells them individual plans on bank draft. He will write from 6-10 apps per week working from 10-5..

If you are doing small group VB is $$ with the right enrollers... seen health agencies hit 20% rev from voluntary...

buddies company..
www.vbadv.com

If you are doing small group VB is $$ with the right enrollers... seen health agencies hit 20% rev from voluntary...

buddies company..
www.vbadv.com
I do one one on one.. Not payroll deduction.. Looked at your website.." carrier agnostic"?? .. Been in the insurance business since 1971 and that is a new one on me... Never heard that expression.. :)

Back