Is the New 2025 CMS Rule for Agent compensation actually GREAT news for AGENTS and FMOs?

The reason CMS is taking away the marketing money is to keep you from having an aneurysm over marketing money.

Damn son. Take a deep breath. Everything's going to be just fine.

Now as far as the other stuff ..... you're screwed.
Let someone take $50 k out of your pocket and tell me how it feels . I’ll take the hit as long as the greedy pig fmo’s get hit hard too

Let someone take $50 k out of your pocket and tell me how it feels . I’ll take the hit as long as the greedy pig fmo’s get hit hard too

Just curious did you actually have to prove you spent that marketing money on marketing or was it just given to you by FMO based on production?

Just curious did you actually have to prove you spent that marketing money on marketing or was it just given to you by FMO based on production?

They pay the vendor directly for my mailers . No money ever touches my hand . They never want any accounting . Bottom line if I weren’t producing big I’d not get it . I’m sure if I asked for the money they’d give ti me . But then it’s taxable as it’s like an overide . Humana’s the only carrier that gives non taxable money as they code as marketing reimbursement. I also got $5k paid for a ton of promo self branding stuff like bags , key chain flashlights in Jan . I’ve tried to explain how much moneys in mapd the last few yrs . It’s insane

They pay the vendor directly for my mailers . No money ever touches my hand . They never want any accounting . Bottom line if I weren’t producing big I’d not get it . I’m sure if I asked for the money they’d give ti me . But then it’s taxable as it’s like an overide . Humana’s the only carrier that gives non taxable money as they code as marketing reimbursement. I also got $5k paid for a ton of promo self branding stuff like bags , key chain flashlights in Jan . I’ve tried to explain how much moneys in mapd the last few yrs . It’s insane

Good on you for making all that hay while the sun was shining!

How does that make everything better?
No it doesn’t make it any better . The agent is 100% not allowed any marketing money or any monetary help with anything .If that’s the case it’s a gross injustice if the Fmo’s allowed to go around the rules and have the same profit as before . The fmo could give 2 shits if the agent has to pay all his own stuff . Overall that money was coming from the carrier . What’s your incentive to be under a fmo if he’s paying for nothing ? He’s obviously still getting paid indirectly for how much business he does . That’s were sharp agents also find a way to “indirectly “ get paid . Just like call centers have found a way to get around all the new rules the last 2 years I’m sure Fmo’s will . But all this depends on will the carriers play ball or will they use this massive windfall of overrides to build there internal sales out ? Agents only write 30% of all Medicare and that will contract vastly in the future .

No it doesn’t make it any better . The agent is 100% not allowed any marketing money or any monetary help with anything .If that’s the case it’s a gross injustice if the Fmo’s allowed to go around the rules and have the same profit as before . The fmo could give 2 shits if the agent has to pay all his own stuff . Overall that money was coming from the carrier . What’s your incentive to be under a fmo if he’s paying for nothing ? He’s obviously still getting paid indirectly for how much business he does . That’s were sharp agents also find a way to “indirectly “ get paid . Just like call centers have found a way to get around all the new rules the last 2 years I’m sure Fmo’s will . But all this depends on will the carriers play ball or will they use this massive windfall of overrides to build there internal sales out ? Agents only write 30% of all Medicare and that will contract vastly in the future .
You're complaining about house money. And it's been around longer than you have.

Yesterday, I received an email from an Integrity fmo pimping bonuses from 7 different companies. All supplement carriers offering from $100 to $300 per app. The FE companies are doing it too.

And it's not always carrier money. Many fmos will put up their own dollars to grow their business.

The only agents on here that are warped out of gear are the ones that were putting all their eggs into one basket.

Back