Is this ethical or legal?

Record all your outbound calls and just use your good ones as examples. You can edit out all personal info and skip the calls that aren't helpful anyway.

What if you've got 50 salespeople listening and the client says something racial, sexist, or off color. Then you're looking a hr complaint or lawsuit.

Record all your outbound calls and just use your good ones as examples. You can edit out all personal info and skip the calls that aren't helpful anyway.

What if you've got 50 salespeople listening and the client says something racial, sexist, or off color. Then you're looking a hr complaint or lawsuit.

Another good point.

Your point about recording the calls is a good one.

However, the idea that a mention by a prospect on a phone call, of something racial or sexist, and it ending in a lawsuit, if quite a stretch. I suppose this falls into the category of anyone can surely sue anyone, but doesn't mean it will be successful. You simply aren't going anywhere if you are the party attempting bring an action over a statement where you are evesdropping on a phone call, when the call is being made as a solicitation to the prospect. Good luck on that one.

I would describe this as a bit Chicken Little-ish concerning liability; OR what is that dark spot that keeps moving next to me? Everytime I move, it moves. Hmmm.

Certainly no newby here at dealing with complex legal matters, and this one is a non-starter.

I think some of you must live on fantasy island. Ethical or legal? Hah. Let someone complain to the DOI in your state over something like this and you'll find out in a hurry, that whether or not people have gotten away with it doesn't matter. How would you like to have your license suspended pending an investigation? Just had to say something.

I personally think hearing real life situations is the most relevant. I have done role play training with other agents and it helps to a point, but their is nothing like listening to some live calls. I think a safe way to get around the troubles of having people listen to live calls is a recorded call that:

-doesn't identify the person being called
-doesn't discuss medical information
-is legal to be recorded in that state

If those three criteria are met, I can't see why anything bad could or should happen. Ethical in my opinion.

Back