It looks like Equita is in the Mortgage protection business as well as fe.

Was discussing Mag's post with my friend thinking about contracting options, etc. and I failed to remember one HUGE issue with Equita. I would first like to apologize for missing this in my initial post in which I said they "fall short in a couple of areas."

It's not quite as simple as that. They do fall short in to me what is the biggest of issues which is also a HOT topic on this board...releases and/or lack there of. Being contracted with Equita means that you are married to Americo via Equita. You may have one way out and that would be to pay in cash for all of the money you were advanced and then you might get a release. That in and of itself is not that far from the norm on a product with the amount of fallout as a MP product however the next fact blew my mind when I saw it happen.

Equita has the ability to and will exercise at their discretion the option of blocking and/or reversing contracting with carriers that the agent did not have prior to contracting with Equita. This is due to what I would call side agreements between IMO's to expressly not allow the contracting of their agents and/or to reverse such contacts if they are then found out.

I know some will say that can't happen. I can only say yes they can, have and will.

Again, not meant to be a bash of any type, just the facts.

Please forward the information you are referring to regarding mortgage protection. Thanks
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Please forward information from your friend regarding the mortgage protection program. Thanks.

Last edited:
please forward more informatiom

Anyone who wants to be in the Mortgage Protection business can shoot me a PM and I'll connect you up with a friend of mine that is as of today still effectively running a MP program.

Equita is twice the opportunity that NAA is but still falls far short of what agent needs to maximize their success.

Has anyone checked out the offer that WIN was discussing? He mentioned a program that beats Equita. I don't have enough posts to IM yet....could WIN contact me?
Thanks!

Buckwaller, I do not know "win's" program but if you can do your own mail drops or comply your own mortgage data, you can get 100% plus contracts and you will not need NAA, American Classic Agency, Equita or National Agents Group (NAG) or anyone else.

Buckwaller,

I received the contact info from Wins and I have spoken with the gentleman he referred to. He seems very professional and I am plannning on moving forward. I do not think it is my place to pass on the info, but Wins did get back with me.

Buddy

This is for anyone who is considering mortgage protection, it can be a great oppourtunity in the insurance world. I have finally decided to post this everything that "win" says about Equita is true. Equita in my opinion is a great place to get into the life insurance/ mortgage protection business.

I am in the Nashville,TN area I work anywhere from Chattanooga,TN to southern Kentucky doing MP and final expense. I work on mp and final expense side with equita, As I previously mentioned when someone starts with equita, you will get 100 leads at no cost right from the start in whatever area you request, these leads will be no older than 90 days, after 90 days they are kicked out the system not resold like other organizations do... These leads are called "B" leads and are 7.00 a piece. I wrote 60,000 in AV in 45 days when I started off of 7$ leads, not saying you will do that everytime but it can be done. I have team of about 15 agents under me, that I talk to a least once a week to make sure they are being successfull an acheiving whatever their goals are.

You have heard the good so lets talk about the bad a little bit, You do have to work 85% percent in the evening on mp appointments. Some people only work on the weekends/ some do not. It is true with equita that you will pratically be married to them an their contracts, the only way to get away from that is to pay back all chargebacks or let your license expire and start all over.

Equita has been a great experience for me,YES if you are seasoned and you know what you are doing and can afford your own lead drops you can get better contracts elsewhere. Equita is not perfect but it was a great choice for me, as I personally would love to come out of the field one day.

Just understand what you are getting into whether you do everything yourself, go with Equita, America Classic Agency, or with National Agents Group or with anyone else.

Back