It's that Time of the Year!!

How many days per week and how many doors per day do you knock What hours do you work my friend

If I had my way I'd work from noon to about 5. But I have to take my GF to school in the morning and to her job in the afternoon, so if I'm lucky I get 2 or 3 hours a day in. I don't count the doors but I only go to home with cars out front. I would venture to say I do things completely different than anyone else on here. I rarely write a plan on the first meeting. I take down a bunch of info on all the people a (potential) client wants quotes on then I go back and "research for the best deal" for them. Depending on their wishes I'll either call or drop by and go over what I come up with. My "homework" consists of finding out exactly which plans/companies they qualify for and let them pick which one they want. So I change their choice from if they will buy or not to what plan fits them best. Since by the time I go over the the quotes with them I've seen or talked to them 2 or 3 times already. This gives me very high closing ratio.

(Yea...Bucs just scored)

My sales pitch is no sales pitch. I simply knock on the door and say.."Hey...I'm just handing out a few cards, I had some time to kill before my next appointment....". Then just talk to them, and not necessarily about insurance.

(...back to the game.)

Should be about 70-75 applications! Bring this thread up again after Christmas and I will gladly give an update!

No doubt in my mind you will do it. 4.2 apps a day is skill, you cant get that many sales by saying ok ill come back tomorrow ;)

I would like to hear more about how you to cold door to door. I currently door knock all my telemarketed leads and am always looking for more ways to door knock. Do you buy a list with certain demographics?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

I would like to hear more about how you to cold door to door. I currently door knock all my telemarketed leads and am always looking for more ways to door knock. Do you buy a list with certain demographics?

I'd be curious to hear (see) the response. My gut tells me to work neighborhoods that fit our clients demographics. I'm starting to see every house as a potential client or at least a lead for one. There's no age under 85 I can't sell to. Seems like the time it would take to hit specific addresses wouldn't be worth it. Just my opinion, but I am curious.

Seems like a decent approach for working close to home. Something to do 1 day a week.

Who are you asking?

I was asking you Gerard. Do you only sell final expense?

Ahem...it's Jerard with a "J". :skeptical:

But anyway. I sell whatever is best for the client. So far this year my average client age is 46. When door knocking you never know who will answer the door until it opens. Granted, if I meet a kid of 25 then I don't spend alot of time with them, something like "You wouldn't happen to want any life insurance, do ya?" Because I know how kids think, I raised two of them. But, seriously, normally if a kid that age comes to the door I'll ask about their parents ("your mommy or daddy home?").

Of course, you never know. Last Saturday I met a girl of 30 that has 300K term and I can beat the rate she's paying by a bunch, even with RNA. And hopefully even though she's 10 lbs. overweight (reminder to myself...call for assessment).

Last edited:
Back